Garrett Discontinuing Models

I recently heard from a reliable source at Garrett that they have already stopped production on the ATX, Sea Hunter, and Golden Eye Cache Coil for the GTI 2500.  Next in line is the 2500 itself and the AT Gold.  The AT MAX and Pro models are still available with no current plans to discontinue.

Only the Marketing Department knows why.  It makes me wonder if they’re going to produce a Submersible Axiom, now that they have a waterproof pod.  Is the Vortex replacing the AT Gold?  25 kHz is better than 18.  I really liked the Ground Balance Window on the Gold.  You could hunt a big wash full of black sand and still find metal.  The last time I checked, there were very few detectors left for Deep-water Diving, the Sea Hunter, the Pulse Dive with the small coil, and the Excalibur.  Maybe diving with a Metal Detector isn’t as popular as it once was.

BTW, don’t call Customer Service and ask about the Vortex.  The answers are above their Pay Scale!

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Garrett Discontinuing Models
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2024 at 11:57 AM, Bohemia Miner said:

I recently heard from a reliable source at Garrett that they have already stopped production on the ATX, Sea Hunter, and Golden Eye Cache Coil for the GTI 2500.  Next in line is the 2500 itself and the AT Gold.  The AT MAX and Pro models are still available with no current plans to discontinue.

Only the Marketing Department knows why.  It makes me wonder if they’re going to produce a Submersible Axiom, now that they have a waterproof pod.  Is the Vortex replacing the AT Gold?  25 kHz is better than 18.  I really liked the Ground Balance Window on the Gold.  You could hunt a big wash full of black sand and still find metal.  The last time I checked, there were very few detectors left for Deep-water Diving, the Sea Hunter, the Pulse Dive with the small coil, and the Excalibur.  Maybe diving with a Metal Detector isn’t as popular as it once was.

BTW, don’t call Customer Service and ask about the Vortex.  The answers are above their Pay Scale!

Since the GTI-2500 will be discontinued, will it go by the wayside? Or will it be renewed as something else in the Garrett's lineup?

4 minutes ago, TC-AZ said:

Since the GTI-2500 will be discontinued, will it go by the wayside? Or will it be renewed as something else in the Garrett's lineup?

I'm not sure and neither is my contact.  I was hoping for Treasure Vision in the Vortex but it's not one of the features at this time.

On 7/4/2024 at 2:57 PM, Bohemia Miner said:

The last time I checked, there were very few detectors left for Deep-water Diving, the Sea Hunter, the Pulse Dive with the small coil, and the Excalibur.

BTW the D2 can also get you down to 60 feet, FWIW.

• Like 1

I always thought the sizing feature on the GTI machines was neat. Imagine if Garrett took that, added multi-frequency, and maybe the pinpointing/frequency readout from the V3i. 

That would be the start of an interesting top-of-the-line machine.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, abcoin said:

I always thought the sizing feature on the GTI machines was neat. Imagine if Garrett took that, added multi-frequency, and maybe the pinpointing/frequency readout from the V3i. 

That would be the start of an interesting top-of-the-line machine.

Agreed!

• Like 1

On 7/4/2024 at 2:57 PM, Bohemia Miner said:

Folks love that AT Pro for sure!

• Like 1