Quarters Coming In At 2 In All Terrain General.

On 2/2/2024 at 9:09 AM, Tony said:

Was this problem with the standard issue M11 coil?

Thanks.

I tested with a US Quarter and thankfully, I get a solid 88/89 with both M11 and M15 coils across all of the search modes.

On 2/1/2024 at 3:07 PM, dman97844 said:

I just got a call from minelab it ended up being a defective coil. Turns out they had a bad batch of coils that went out to other customers as well. Thanks for all your help.

That was a quick turn around from Minelab. 

On 1/28/2024 at 3:49 PM, steveg said:

If you are getting readings of "2" on a quarter, after a factory reset, there is something wrong.  I'd contact Minelab's repair center (Detector Center, in Pennsylvania).

Steve

I thought machines are sent to Illinois now?

fishn...

Minelab will let you know for sure, but unless something has changed, the repair shop was in Pennsylvania.  That said, it's also possible that they may have you ship to Illinois for machines or accessories that can't be repaired (i.e. items that are simply replaced), while machines that are actually worked on/repaired are still sent to PA. 

Bottom line -- I'm not sure on the current state of affairs; I only know that at least for quite awhile in the recent past, Minelab's official "repair center" was in Pennsylvania.

Steve

13 hours ago, steveg said:

fishn...

Minelab will let you know for sure, but unless something has changed, the repair shop was in Pennsylvania.  That said, it's also possible that they may have you ship to Illinois for machines or accessories that can't be repaired (i.e. items that are simply replaced), while machines that are actually worked on/repaired are still sent to PA. 

Bottom line -- I'm not sure on the current state of affairs; I only know that at least for quite awhile in the recent past, Minelab's official "repair center" was in Pennsylvania.

Steve

Steve - all that changed last month.  The Pennsylvania repair center is no longer affiliated with or authorized to do US in-warranty repairs on ML detectors due to a ML Corporate decision.  The Pennsylvania facility is now an independent repair center and will do post-warranty repair work on ML gear, if requested.  US In-Warranty repair autorization is handled now by the ML Illinois factory repair center and you ship your gear to them directly.

Here is a thread that addresses this recent change.

• Like 1

Chase,

Wow, I'm surprised by that change.  I have always had great experiences dealing with "Detector Center" in PA.  But, I do appreciate the information.  Now I know...

Thanks,

Steve

• Like 2

Yes chase is correct I had to send it to Illinois. I just got it back yesterday with the new coil and it works great now. I was really impressed on how quickly they got this taken care of.

• Like 3