Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Algoforce Battery Options

My Momax cost me $36 NZD delivered, $22 USD.   It's so cool being able to get such cheap batteries to run a detector, and I can use it for other stuff like my phone too.

• Like 2

Just to summarise.......all Power Banks when delivering USB power (5V) will lose about 25% capacity straight away. "Efficiency Losses" will depend upon quality of manufacturer with the best losing only an additional few percentage in capacity. The worst performers can lose an additional 10% or more in capacity. Some manufacturers advertise these specifications and others don't. I think ultimately you get what you pay for and buying higher quality powerbanks is the way to go. They are definitely not created equal. Unfortunately, the Momex must have very significant efficiency losses based upon dropping from 20,000 mAh to 11600 mAh (the first 5000 mAh capacity loss is to be expected in this case).....but kudos to them for including the specs.

• Like 1

My Momax is 10,000 and drops to 6000 mAh. Regardless, it's lasting a day, and for a PI a day off a battery of that price is outstanding.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, phrunt said:

My Momax is 10,000 and drops to 6000 mAh. Regardless, it's lasting a day, and for a PI a day off a battery of that price is outstanding.

Absolutely ? I'm just being a propeller head !

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

Absolutely ? I'm just being a propeller head !

Very reasonable thing to do, there are so many dodgy batteries out there, that's why I think dealers that sell the Algoforce should also sell batteries, why not? they can upsell, make a few extra bucks and benefit the end users by giving them batteries that are tried, true and tested.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tony said:

Simon,

Is this too wide for the AlgoForce........113mm x 86mm x 27mm

https://www.liteshop.com.au/content/nitecore-f4-flexible-4-bay-charger-and-power-bank/

No, not at all, it would fit without a problem, it would add a bit of weight including batteries but if you were using a bigger coil than the Sadie that would be beneficial as a counter balance.

Nitecore make some really good quality great stuff, I should get one to give it a go.   I like the individual battery power specifications and realistically the coils on the Algo are the heaviest part, so having a bigger battery under your arm cuff is a good thing.

It has square edges too so would lock in place very well, you may have found the perfect complementary product that dealers of the Algo should stock along with some good quality 18650's.  Certainly it is worth investigating and I'll do so.

It's officially discontinued but still available at a few places......somewhat expensive but reasonable. $50 Aussie.

https://www.oztorches.com.au/nitecore-f4-power-bank-battery-charger.html

No USB-C connectivity....maybe the next model?

I think Micro-USB is the achilles heal especially as an outdoors unit ??

6 minutes ago, Tony said:

It's officially discontinued but still available at a few places......somewhat expensive but reasonable. $50 Aussie.

https://www.oztorches.com.au/nitecore-f4-power-bank-battery-charger.html

No USB-C connectivity....maybe the next model?

bugger, tried to buy one, they won't ship outside of OZ.