Algoforce Battery Options

My Momax is 10,000 and drops to 6000 mAh. Regardless, it's lasting a day, and for a PI a day off a battery of that price is outstanding.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, phrunt said:

My Momax is 10,000 and drops to 6000 mAh. Regardless, it's lasting a day, and for a PI a day off a battery of that price is outstanding.

Absolutely 👍 I'm just being a propeller head !

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

Absolutely 👍 I'm just being a propeller head !

Very reasonable thing to do, there are so many dodgy batteries out there, that's why I think dealers that sell the Algoforce should also sell batteries, why not? they can upsell, make a few extra bucks and benefit the end users by giving them batteries that are tried, true and tested.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tony said:

Simon,

Is this too wide for the AlgoForce........113mm x 86mm x 27mm

https://www.liteshop.com.au/content/nitecore-f4-flexible-4-bay-charger-and-power-bank/

No, not at all, it would fit without a problem, it would add a bit of weight including batteries but if you were using a bigger coil than the Sadie that would be beneficial as a counter balance.

Nitecore make some really good quality great stuff, I should get one to give it a go.   I like the individual battery power specifications and realistically the coils on the Algo are the heaviest part, so having a bigger battery under your arm cuff is a good thing.

It has square edges too so would lock in place very well, you may have found the perfect complementary product that dealers of the Algo should stock along with some good quality 18650's.  Certainly it is worth investigating and I'll do so.

It's officially discontinued but still available at a few places......somewhat expensive but reasonable. $50 Aussie.

https://www.oztorches.com.au/nitecore-f4-power-bank-battery-charger.html

No USB-C connectivity....maybe the next model?

I think Micro-USB is the achilles heal especially as an outdoors unit ??

6 minutes ago, Tony said:

It's officially discontinued but still available at a few places......somewhat expensive but reasonable. $50 Aussie.

https://www.oztorches.com.au/nitecore-f4-power-bank-battery-charger.html

No USB-C connectivity....maybe the next model?

bugger, tried to buy one, they won't ship outside of OZ.

I can always help you out but the Micro-USB is not ideal really when compared to the much better mechanical connectivity of USB-C.

• Like 1

Thanks Tony, with the European Union basically saying if it's not USB C it doesn't exist and can't be sold in their market, and even forcing Apple to drop the lightling ports to adopt USB C I think a new model will be coming very soon.   It's a good thing, it's stupid to have a zillion charging cables all for USB products, they needed to adopt a standard, and USB C does the job nicely, you can't plug it in the wrong way, and can support the various fast charging standards, and if new ones come in the future, they will work out a way.  Sucks for me, I put USB A power sockets on the walls in my house, now I've got to change them over 😛

Worse for someone else I know that put cat5 ethernet all though his walls and sockets in the various rooms, now it's pointless 😛  

I'll keep a watch to see if a USB-C model comes up......then I can use it with my AlgoForce....... I mean Manticore 🤨

• Like 1