Trouble Pairing Wsaii Headphones Resolved! Thanks F350!!

NCtoad

I just received my second D2 but I got the package that just comes with the wsaii phones (no ws6 puck, but new remote, stem and coil).  The phones will play the start up jingle whether I do the automatic pairing or the manual pairing and I can hear the beeps when changing the volume using the buttons on the headphones but when using the remote to change the volume I don’t hear anything.  Also when I turn the remote off I do not hear the “turning off” jingle and the light on the wasii continues to blink meaning it’s still on.  Also when I wave a coin over the coil I see the correct numbers but hear no sound at all with volume at 7 or any other setting.  

Just to check the new remote, I successfully paired my old ws6 puck and it works as normal and turns on and off with the remote as it should.  And I also tried pairing the new wsaii’s with my old remote with the same result as when trying to pair to the new remote.  

One other thing:   In the manual under Automatic pairing it says hold the minus button down for 2 seconds and if doing it manually hold it for 8 seconds.   In both cases I hear the startup jingle almost immediately and if I continue to hold for the full 8 seconds I get this on the screen:IMG_4485.thumb.jpeg.62324b4fcb9fdc7580478fac8e840e7a.jpeg

Any ideas?  Btw, I got both the 9” and the 13x11 coil with the new remote and the wsaii’s don’t work with either coil paired to the remote.  Thanks for any help!

Yes NC, they need to be updated. First make sure what version the  RC is, unpair anything that is paired with the wireless headphone icon (if needed), update them to that version, and then go through the pairing process again if needed. 

Congrats on your new toys! 

Thanks guys!   I didn’t realize the wsaii’s needed updated.  I’ll try updating them today.  The remote has the latest update (2.0) and I just figured everything would work.  

3 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Yes NC, they need to be updated. First make sure what version the  RC is, unpair anything that is paired with the wireless headphone icon (if needed), update them to that version, and then go through the pairing process again if needed. 

Congrats on your new toys! 

Thanks Bob

maybe you can help me out.  I just tried updating and when I plug the usb cord into my laptop I get thisIMG_4486.thumb.jpeg.80b152a5ea5045c78ea9ecb31f2f80a1.jpegI’ve tried over and over to the point where I just want to get a new laptop because mine’s old and slow.  However when I updated my old remote and ws6 a couple of months ago I had no problems.  Do you know a fix for this?   I remember you saying you were an IT guy?   So that’s why I’m asking you.  I’m not too good at this stuff.  
thanks

33 minutes ago, NCtoad said:

Thanks Bob

maybe you can help me out.  I just tried updating and when I plug the usb cord into my laptop I get thisIMG_4486.thumb.jpeg.80b152a5ea5045c78ea9ecb31f2f80a1.jpegI’ve tried over and over to the point where I just want to get a new laptop because mine’s old and slow.  However when I updated my old remote and ws6 a couple of months ago I had no problems.  Do you know a fix for this?   I remember you saying you were an IT guy?   So that’s why I’m asking you.  I’m not too good at this stuff.  
thanks

Hey NC,

For one thing you need to be using the short USB cord that has only one of that connector. I get that message too, heck my laptop is on Windows 11, but the program kicks in when I've gone through all the steps.

There other hard thing is the steps to get the WSA II ready, it's very specific. You have to get it to where the light is on steady.

Some older laptops have USB 1 2 or 3 USB ports, make sure the one you are using is black or blue.

StorageReview-04-USB-Color-Convention.thumb.png.d34627f65d58f2d1ed2a32ed7f868a3c.png

35 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Hey NC,

For one thing you need to be using the short USB cord that has only one of that connector. I get that message too, heck my laptop is on Windows 11, but the program kicks in when I've gone through all the steps.

There other hard thing is the steps to get the WSA II ready, it's very specific. You have to get it to where the light is on steady.

Some older laptops have USB 1 2 or 3 USB ports, make sure the one you are using is black or blue.

StorageReview-04-USB-Color-Convention.thumb.png.d34627f65d58f2d1ed2a32ed7f868a3c.png

Thanks

yes I’m using the short cord and pressing the minus button first then plus button and holding for 12 seconds until light goes steady.  Here’s my two usb portsIMG_4488.thumb.jpeg.15b05d9f380e92235f9b5d12cf3decb6.jpegI’ll try again later this afternoon. Thanks again!

Use the blue one. 🙂 Even if I get that message the program will connect, I don't think it cares. 😀

Then get out there and try Tekkna 🤣

1 hour ago, F350Platinum said:

Hey NC,

3 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Use the blue one. 🙂 Even if I get that message the program will connect, I don't think it cares. 😀

Then get out there and try Tekkna 🤣

I got it!!!   What threw me off was thisIMG_4489.thumb.jpeg.ade50f3b22451f4327bbc76a2914602e.jpegI kept waiting for the connect box to light up without realizing I had to click on the “xp deus2” first to enable the blue connect box!   Duh!🙄 

All is well now in my world!  Thanks for all your help!!