Deus II Coil Advice

Greetings all! I'm purchasing the WS6 Master and was wondering what coils is preferred for coins and Jewlry in fresh water river and parks. I have the Nokta legend and really like the 6 inch coil for trashy areas and was thinking the 9in coil because that is the smallest! Any impute would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Alberto Montano said:

Greetings all! I'm purchasing the WS6 Master and was wondering what coils is preferred for coins and Jewlry in fresh water river and parks. I have the Nokta legend and really like the 6 inch coil for trashy areas and was thinking the 9in coil because that is the smallest! Any impute would be greatly appreciated.

Hey Alberto,

The 9" is great for the water and trashy spots like parks. If you get into field hunting at all, the 13" is the most bang for the same buck as the 11". It's really not that much heavier and you get used to it fast. I wouldn't recommend it for the water though.

Really the 9 and 13" are all you need.

• Like 2

I'm interested in the WS6 master also due to the light weight (I'd go with the 9" coil for that reason). I noticed on the official XP site 'blog' it states that 'all' Deus II are shipping with the new Carbon Fibre lower shaft and new 'better' screen protectors. This is from a December 15 post stating this had already been happening for a couple months. So, knowing this I won't be buying till I'm assured that I'd receive the CF lower shaft in the box. Let us know if you get the updated 'new' version. cheers...

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, canslawhero said:

I'm interested in the WS6 master also due to the light weight (I'd go with the 9" coil for that reason). I noticed on the official XP site 'blog' it states that 'all' Deus II are shipping with the new Carbon Fibre lower shaft and new 'better' screen protectors. This is from a December 15 post stating this had already been happening for a couple months. So, knowing this I won't be buying till I'm assured that I'd receive the CF lower shaft in the box. Let us know if you get the updated 'new' version. cheers...

I recently bought a second WS6 to back up my original one, and it came with the screen protector, as did the RC I bought. They both came from Serious Detecting who sells through Amazon.

As for the 9" coil, I've used the original one from the start and it's never been a problem for me. I could switch to the CF one that came with my 13" coil last year.

When you're buying your WS6 Master, get it from someone who can tell you what's in the box. 🙂

• Like 3

• The title was changed to Deus II Coil Advice
19 hours ago, Alberto Montano said:

Hi ,

Good choice you cant go wrong with the D2 WS6 9" ; I use it all the time since 2 years now . You wont be disappointed with it for sure and you will appreciate its performances in the iron trash and its lightness ... 

Concerning the settings my advice would be to start with the GENERAL nr1 mode to get used to the machine , then change to more performing modes like SENSITIVE for example 

Happy hunting ..

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Alberto Montano said:

Well no carbon fiber shaft! I will be purchasing one next 🙂

The only way to know a Deus 2 coil shaft is carbon fiber is a "CF" in a circle on the back side. 🙂 They don't "look" like carbon fiber.

• Like 1

I recently bought a deus II master/9". Dealer checked the box he had and no CF lower. He offered to add the CF lower and tempered glass screen protector so I bought from him. Turns out the SW version was .71 so the box was possibly sitting for a while.

Also an fyi that I was able to upgrade the WS6 master unit to version 2.0 using my Macbook Pro with the Chrome browser. My unit weighs in at about 1.9 lbs with a bluetooth aptX LL transmitter attached. I tried it out for a couple hours and like what I see. My arm/shoulder are grateful. I plan to try the Tekkna custom program shortly.

cheers

• Like 1