Unlocking The Jewelry Box

Great run Chase, it's nice to still have seasonable weather to go to these places. Above average is even better.

This was an especially odd assortment of stuff, and it turns out now the buildings were marked on the old maps, Guess I didn't recall it. 🤪 No matter, once we got digging it was hard to stop. I probably spent a half hour in a 5 foot circle.

Historic Aerials is apparently updating their site all the time with declassified aerial photos, they just added them from 1960 and 1961 and they are frighteningly crisp. What a guide to where the good stuff is! The 1960s version looks more like infrared.

Looking forward to a return to this spot, but we will have to bring buckets to haul away some of the iron 🤔

Fun day! Great post and photos. I believe the jewelry we found had glass stones, but still that Art Deco stuff is a real diversion from the "same old colonial" stuff 🤣

• Like 4

It was a fun but strange day.  How many times did we ask each other "what the heck is this?" as we pulled another unusual doo dad out of the ground.  That Convention Badge was amazing and cool you found the flag shield backing. Odd about the lack of silver coins considering all the other high tone targets and other silver we hit.  You've been on a ring run of late (in addition to all that Spanish silver), while I've dug more cufflinks this season than ever.  You're the ring master and you can call me captain cufflink. :laugh:

• Haha 2

What a day for you two!  Nothing like unlocking an old “jewelry box”. 👍🏻😊

Your efforts were well rewarded.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm sure there is a piece of gold in there....Clean it out till there are no signals left 😄

strick

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

What a day! Looks like you almost recovered the full concertina…

• Like 1