Looking To Purchase, Opinions On Kruzer Vs. Legend Plz.

Hi, I own a more basic multi use Garrett ACE 300..  Looking to get something better for my needs.  Goal:  detect for small gold pickers, and small nuggets, but also small jewelry, gold specimens in rock.. Location is tricky,  both dry washes in AZ which have black sand, and  lake shores in your average city,  and ocean beaches.   My main target metal is gold.   
Having a difficult  time picking. Seems the Kruzer has more videos on youtube of people getting good results detecting for gold pickers in mineralized soil... But, i am a newbie to this.

Thank you for your help and guidance.  

• Like 1

Given where you intend to detect, (black sand mineralization & salt water beach) and you intended targets, (small to very small gold), a SMF unit like the Legend will perform significantly better on both ground handling and target acquisition. The Legend's 40kHz capability will also be helpful.   The Kruzer series, even the Gold Kruzer are very good for what they are, single frequency.  For me, if you have tough ground conditions, SMF is the way to be most productive. That is my experience.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JCR said:

Given where you intend to detect, (black sand mineralization & salt water beach) and you intended targets, (small to very small gold), a SMF unit like the Legend will perform significantly better on both ground handling and target acquisition. The Legend's 40kHz capability will also be helpful.   The Kruzer series, even the Gold Kruzer are very good for what they are, single frequency.  For me, if you have tough ground conditions, SMF is the way to be most productive. That is my experience.

Does the SMF help with discrimination? or with the Tones to help me decide what's being detected better than a single frequency?   Do I lose sensitivity with the lower Hz of the Legend? 

2 hours ago, JCR said:

How many rattlesnakes have you run that detector over? lol

• Haha 1

Note:  I would like to get more specific  to help with getting advice:   my main  Targets are:   small gold nuggets pickers gold flakes,  and small jewelry    and locations  will be:   the AZ dry washes (with black sand and rocks),  mining rock piles  for the gold pickers flakes and specimens,  and  lake shores (for the jewelry)  

3 hours ago, teacup said:

Does the SMF help with discrimination? or with the Tones to help me decide what's being detected better than a single frequency?   Do I lose sensitivity with the lower Hz of the Legend? 

SMF will give better Discrimination accuracy and more accurate tone ID than Single frequency. Members here who regularly hunt for the type of targets you mention will have to advise on over 40 kHz benefits.  

3 hours ago, jerrym said:

How many rattlesnakes have you run that detector over? lol

No Rattlesnakes but a few Copperheads. They’re prettier and not in as bad a mood.

• Like 1

Thank you 🙂  I have a few sentences I got from some websites and other forum posts I would like to run by you for your feedback / opinions and corrections since I am still learning. These may also be helpful to someone else so I am sharing these quotes from my notes.. Feel free to ad to or go against any of these statements.  Here they are:

1. Gold Kruzer has the most stable threshold, and the small supplied 7x4" coil is perfect for the tiniest pieces and well suited for sweeping in rocky terrain, around bedrock etc. Nokta Legend with the 6" coil can be tweaked up to get very close, but I think the Gold Kruzer has the edge. If you plan on doing any coin/relic hunting as well, then I'd sway towards the Legend
  2. All VLF machines have trouble with higher mineralisation, so the advantages of the multi-frequency ones aren't in coping better with it. Multi-frequency advantages lie in their more accurate discrimination between trash and target signals, enabling informative digital display of target ID, plus their ability to cope with salinity when searching in or near salt water.
  3. a high frequency machine could actually be the best of both words because in higher mineralized soil you have the ability to lower the setting to accommodate that  particular soil.
  4. In some ways a Hi FRQ could be the better choice but if the ground is too Hot switching to a lower frequency could become the better choice, The fact is there is no Guaranteed answers because what works in one place might not work elsewhere
  5. If I only wanted to gold prospect with a higher frequency VLF, between the three in the topic title I would pick the GM 24K, GMX and Gold Kruzer in that order but it is really close. If I wanted to gold prospect AND use a detector for micro jewelry and hunt for nuggets or jewelry underwater, I would pick the Gold Kruzer. It has more features, better tones in Micro, very stable threshold in All Metal, actual VDIs instead of ferrous/non ferrous probability ID numbers, easier to adjust and operate
  6. the test pieces at home the kruzer has the edge on the small stuff
  7. With the 7.5x4.5DD coil the Gold Kruzer will find anything that a GM will and it handles mineralisation better. It is also more adjustable so as you get more experience it grows with you

Sorry i do not have the URL for the quotes above, i saved them in my text file as a reference but didnt save where they came from.