My Research Is Starting To Pay Off

Great to hear, looking forward to hearing what you find there! 

• Like 1

Miles? Sounds like you will need some help!😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Congrats on the permission and I hope it pays off for you.

Good hunting and stay safe out there as the snakes are going to be mean this time of the year.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Gold Kruzer Jerry said:

You must be in Arizona !

we got the “Snaddle Rakes” !

Northern NV.  Too much snow for snakes yet. But they will pop out soon.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2024 at 11:45 PM, GotAU? said:

Miles? Sounds like you will need some help!😉

Help? It's only 2100 acres 😁

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm finally going to spend a day on this permission tomorrow.  It will be my first time out in a known gold bearing area. I'm really looking forward to it. I'm heading there with high hopes, and will probably leave with a big dose of reality. Either way, my wife and I  will have a great time. I'll update with any good finds. 

• Like 7

A little late reporting on the trip, but here it is. We got a late start (did I mention my wife was coming with?) . First spot we tried was a dry tributary creek. I quickly gave it the proper name of "can slaw creek"  I was using the atx, so there was no cherry picking targets. After about an hour, and 5ft later, we abandoned that spot. Next spot was a small tributary creek running about 3ft wide. Took the gold kruzer out and grabbed the gold pan and put the coil in the water. Got some targets behind a bigger rock, and just scooped what I could out into the pan. Every pan had several specks of gold. I forgot my snuffer bottle in the truck, so most went back to grow bigger. My last pan I decided I better save something, so I went and grabbed my snuffer bottle . These were the biggest pieces of the day ...

20240421_185208.thumb.jpg.470de59a13f64c95cd8de705d0eab7c6.jpg20240421_185208.thumb.jpg.470de59a13f64c95cd8de705d0eab7c6.jpg20240421_185208.thumb.jpg.470de59a13f64c95cd8de705d0eab7c6.jpg20240421_185157.thumb.jpg.334abdd57a07fb7d9b007ac0fb985304.jpg

Nothing to write home about. We finished off the day checking some tailings piles that the rancher used as his gravel pit. No luck there. The main creek in the area was running like a river. I will definitely be hitting that later this year.  I wasn't able to get back to where I wanted to be on that trip.  The roads (and my wife) would not allow it lol  I'm hoping to find some bedrock in that area. It's a big place. We didn't even scratch the surface. I'm still very optimistic about the area. I might even sneak out there tomorrow without the wife lol 

20240421_185148.jpg

• Like 2