How The Xp Warranty Works?

Although there used to be quite stringent rules for dealers on selling instruments and accessories outside the allocation area, lately it is possible to find several detectors of any brand on Amazon or eBay and buy them from another country.

Having just sold a coil of my old Deus2, the new owner does not know what to do in case of service.

Since the coil came from France, is it possible to get service from a dealer in another country?

Should one send it to the dealer who first made the sale to initiate the service procedure?

Thank you to anyone with information on this matter....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skull diver said:

Should one send it to the dealer who first made the sale to initiate the service procedure?

Thank you to anyone with information on this matter....

First off, I'm sorry you have had to give up on the Deus 2, so close to perfect and yet so far. 🫤 I completely understand your dilemma and hope that you find the right machine, seems that the Manticore may be worth a shot, I wish you the best of luck. 🍀

If the person who bought your coil is in the USA, there is one place they can call to get warranty work without going through a dealer, at least I had success with them, and they turned my remote around in a week.

Detector Electronics Corp.

23 Turnpike Road

Southboro, MA 01772

508-460-6244

That's all I have, if you can specify the country you sent it to that would help others who may know a similar warranty fulfillment company.

• Thanks 1

@F350Platinum

Thanks for your words and the service address...

The coil's owner lives in Italy and the coil i first bought comes from France.

So his doubt in case of future issues is about to send eventually the coil to the french dealer or to directly ask to the local italian one.

Honestly, there's little explained on this "transferable" warranty...

I don't even know how to register the purchase...It might be a dealer's task.

By the way, right now I'm squeezing as much as I can with my old gun...The killer3030 or...I hope to call it one day the Manticore father🙏

• Like 1

I recently decided XP is not for me due to their warranty/service in New Zealand.  I had a battery problem with my HF Deus 1 coil, I contacted the NZ dealer it was purchased from, although as I bought it second hand I didn't have the receipt for it.  It was still under warranty technically but without that receipt it wasn't as I had no proof of purchase although if they cared enough, they could have offered to looked up the previous owners name in their system and recovered the invoice, I didn't care, I just wanted to buy a new battery for it.  They were unable to sell one to me, they were unable to get batteries as the shipping of batteries is all too difficult from XP so it just couldn't happen in their mind, I'd have to buy a new coil to get a cheap little battery.

So basically, anyone in NZ with a Deus 1 once the batteries are stuffed have to throw it away, there is only one XP dealer and they're not interested in bringing the batteries in.  

They did ask me to include a copy of the original receipt, glad I had it. XP doesn't really have warranty registration which could be a problem. 🤔

2 hours ago, phrunt said:

I recently decided XP is not for me due to their warranty/service in New Zealand.  I had a battery problem with my HF Deus 1 coil, I contacted the NZ dealer it was purchased from, although as I bought it second hand I didn't have the receipt for it.  It was still under warranty technically but without that receipt it wasn't as I had no proof of purchase although if they cared enough, they could have offered to looked up the previous owners name in their system and recovered the invoice, I didn't care, I just wanted to buy a new battery for it.  They were unable to sell one to me, they were unable to get batteries as the shipping of batteries is all too difficult from XP so it just couldn't happen in their mind, I'd have to buy a new coil to get a cheap little battery.

So basically, anyone in NZ with a Deus 1 once the batteries are stuffed have to throw it away, there is only one XP dealer and they're not interested in bringing the batteries in.  

I appreciate the problem you illustrate, but the batteries are commodity items and changing them is a relatively straightforward task for someone with even fairly basic technical knowledge - considerably easier than changing a cellphone battery I would say.