Research Is Paying Off

3 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

Nice ! An old abandoned horse race location . 

( I live on one but this one was never abandoned.) 

I recognized the storm window lock (top right in junk photos.) 

The horseshoe was a sign of good luck. 🥸

I predict a lot of silver.....🤔

Storm lock... That looks right now that you point it out, but there was never an old house there. Maybe for a trunk or....

7 hours ago, Lost Scout said:

Had to go to Boise today so picked up a pair of JLab studio pros on sale. I'll compare with the minelab sound quality.

Looked them up, and they are not APTX-LL. If you connect them via Bluetooth and don't see  B+ in the top right, the latency will make targets appear in the wrong place, unless you are attaching a transceiver to the 800.

If you have to have over ear headphones there are others listed on this site that will work.

On 4/9/2024 at 8:21 PM, Lost Scout said:

Had to go to Boise today so picked up a pair of JLab studio pros on sale. I'll compare with the minelab sound quality.

Well. I screwed that up. The jlabs I bought are nice but not low latency. The other brand I was looking at were and somewhere I lost track of features. I tried the jlabs but the signal response was SLOW. Looked at your link and did some other searches. Ordered the Avantree torus NB05T last night. They will give options for different styles of use.

I'll have to wait before I get back to the race track. Even wired the minelab headphones now only work on one side.

Lost Scout,

Glad you landed on the spot and found the goods to convince yourself of that!  Looks like a sheep ear tag you found.  They seem to originate around 1900+/- a few years.  Many will have the year on them.

Hope the good finds keep coming!

Hard to know how long or how often they used the track, but sounded like the general area was used for more than racing!

Zincoln

You are wise to share your finds with the owners. You reap what you sow and more than what you sow.

Good on you. 

5 hours ago, Skate said:

You are wise to share your finds with the owners. You reap what you sow and more than what you sow.

Good on you. 

I just wanted to detect the site. Offered the owners any of my finds and suggested that anything of note be donated to the historical society.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got back to the race track. Using the Ava tree torus speakers now. My busy season is starting and the grass is growing. Figured it may be my last chance at this site for a while. Spent about one and half hours before the owner got home and asked that we leave since they were having a bunch of people over. Of course, it's your property.So that shut that down for now. Possible that I can go across the fence and detect a small area there. Need to get a hold of the owners and ok a time. 

nothing good found today. I post this to show that some days are fun but you only find trash.😕

KIMG0743.JPG