Nokta Legend Beast Mode Vs Minelab Manticore - Depth Test

Good video, very chatty machines in that area, the beast mode seems to still be a long way behind the Manticore in it's standard detecting modes, and I doubt anyone is going to be hunting in beast mode, seems like you have to know the target is there then use beast mode to try bring it out.   

9 hours ago, oldcoinhunter said:

Just wondering if he watched the Nokta video on how to use Beast mode.

Iffy Signals most definitely watched the Nokta demonstration video on how to use the Beast mode.  He’s a very competent tester and has worked with various detector manufacturers testing different machines.  He has another Beast Mode video posted straight after Nokta released their demonstration video.  Apparently, there’s a lot of controversy regarding the Nokta demonstration video.  One of the biggest issues some peeps have with the demo video, is the audio responses received in the Beast Mode over targets allegedly at fridge detecting depths in the demonstration video.  They say the responses are far too loud for targets allegedly buried at depth. 

Personally, I think Nokta could have made a much better demonstration video, which left no ambiguity whatsoever by showing every single setting on the 3 detecting modes used in the test.  Plus, if they know how to bury targets to demonstrate the Beast Mode, surely, they could quote a rough measurement so peeps can start demonstration the tests for themselves.   Since they must know what depths are achievable with the Beast Mode or otherwise, they couldn’t bury test targets in the beginning? 

On 4/15/2024 at 12:40 PM, EL NINO77 said:

Very interesting and a little surprising , it looks like from the 2 videos that the Versa is the winner of the test with a clean and clear signal on the Mercury at 10inches ..  While the Manticore signal is weaker and a little scratchy and the Legend behind the 2 others .

Of course it is just one test and this needs to be confirmed with other targets , for example bigger coins like a 10g coin for example ...

Hi Slavomir , you have tested the Versa , do you confirm this depth difference between the Versa and other detectors ? thx

I find these test in a known factor like a test garden very interesting and it gives us the opportunity to learn more about what our detector is capable of.

In the field we have the unknown factor and what we detect we get but what we don’t we leave for another day are for someone else.

That’s why you never think you got it all because I can assure you that you didn’t .

Great videos and I thank you for going to the trouble of making them.

Chuck 

On 4/18/2024 at 9:23 PM, oldcoinhunter said:

Just wondering if he watched the Nokta video on how to use Beast mode.

If you are referring to the first video, the Beast Mode demonstration video had not been released yet.

Iffy (Mike) and many posters are hung up on the target IDs produced by Beast mode and the strange tones.

Nokta has repeatedly said and demonstrated in their demo video that the target IDs provided by Beast mode will often not be accurate at all. The audio used in Beast mode sounds similar to the VCO audio heard in pinpoint mode with the possibility of 2 tone VCO if enough iron response filtering is used. 

At this point from my experience with Beast mode AFTER seeing, accepting and doing the operational procedures recommended in Nokta’s demo video, I am using Beast mode as a 2 tone beep/dig mode for extreme situations almost like an extreme depth non-motion pinpoint mode. 

The Deep Target feature is the “beastly” feature that I will be using the most from the 1.14 Beta versions. 

6 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

At this point from my experience with Beast mode AFTER seeing, accepting and doing the operational procedures recommended in Nokta’s demo video, I am using Beast mode as a 2 tone beep/dig mode for extreme situations almost like an extreme depth non-motion pinpoint mode. 

The Deep Target feature is the “beastly” feature that I will be using the most from the 1.14 Beta versions. 

Can it catch it up to the Manticore for depth though as this video makes it look terrible by comparison, seems a lot of messing around when you have other detectors that natively hit the same depth without doing anything, especially switching into a tricky to access mode to check a target? whenever you get a suspect deep target.

I read a lot of people saying the Legend is a bit of an 8" max detector and many comment on it's not very deep compared to others, the same thing I found with my Simplex and a guy I know in NZ sold his for that very reason, although that was very early on in the firmware updates, he didn't give it much of a chance.

Every time I think I'll jump onboard and buy one I read stuff that puts me off!  Although as soon as I can get my hands on a Nel Snake for it I'll buy it regardless for a waterproof creek gold detector, albeit second hand as even though we are a tiny market they're regularly available second hand, usually they're on multiple owners though.

The Deep Target feature sounds more viable to use than Beast mode.  I think the naming of Beast mode was a poor choice as it makes it sound like it's something super powerful and perhaps got people's expectations too high.