Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Eq 800 On Its Way, Now Which Pointer Should I Get?

Lighthouse

I have the Garret Carrot and the Deteknix, but vastly prefer the Whites TRS--more depth and it is sensitive only from the tip, making it much easier, at least for me, to find coins in the hole.  But, be sure you google the instructions people have posted concerning how to adjust its settings.  The printed manual in the box does not tell you everything.

11 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

So, I've pretty much decided on the #Garrett #Carrot being my first purchase. BUT... I've also decided on FOR SURE getting a back up. I can clearly see that a pointer is an ABSOLUTE necessity if one has any serious intentions toward the metal detecting profession. That said, I can see clearly that if I'm going to get one, I'd better MAKE SURE I have a back up. As you probably know though, this back order drama with #Cabela's and the #Minelab #Equinox800 is delaying my whole process.

At a glance, the #Fisher #F-Pulse wins with me, simply due to it's bright color. As you also may know, I'm a total greenhorn, but a thoughtful consumer as well. The brightly colored body is a VERY important feature to me. I know me, and I know that at some point, I'm going to set this thing down and forget it. To be able to see it 50 yards away amongst a green or brown background is the ONLY FEATURE I can speak to per my life's experience at this point. ESPECIALLY when I'm putting $120+ into such a device.

With all of it's other features, per your review, the #F-Pulse is definitely winning the race as my "Back up". HOWEVER, as a true horn, I don't know my apples from my oranges yet. With all of the features that both the #GarrettCarrot and the #FisherF-Pulse have to offer, I will have NO IDEA how to compare until I simply get them in my hands, and start using them in conjunction with my #MinelabEquinox800. Who knows... Maybe this #Fisher will be my main carry, and the #Carrot will be the back up left in the car.

Good review Steve 

For users info : I had some interference between the Fisher F-Pulse and Equinox 800 last time I went out

I had the F-Pulse on full power and it didnt like the Equinox being on...the F-Pulse would not stop going off and was very touchy

To fix this all I did was a another Equinox Noise Cancel when the F-Pulse was turned on.

No problems after that

The Fisher F-Pulse also could of been adjusted as it can run on 16 different frequencies. I am sure this would work also.

Happy hunting:biggrin:

• Like 3