Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Missing My Equinox 800 While It's In For Repair

Norm S

I'm liking my EQ800 so much, that once the hoopla slows down, and ML gets caught up, and we finally start to see some people selling off their EQ600's or EQ800's at honest used prices (not price gouging due to demand exceeding supply) I may pick up a backup unit.  That way no matter what fails (headphones, coil, control box, mechanical issue) you have a backup unit.  

There's a long thread on findmall about people sending theirs into ML for the wobble issue and apparently they are fixing it and doing so quit quickly, so even though the wobble issue should've exist in this day and age of modern manufacturing, at least their expeditiously taking care of the issue.

I did buy a 600 more as a backup when the 800 batteries are low and to have a spare if someone is visiting and wants to go detecting.

I can't understand the shaft wobble unless they have the shaft extended to the max. My shaft was very tight and the cam lock was tight as well. I wonder if some of the guys didn't put the neoprene washers in where the coil connects. I only read a few of the FM posts. Since I found this forum I rarely go to FM or Tnet. 

Minelab told me they would try and have my 800 back to me by Wed. the 12th.  Just in case they don't I bought a 600 which I hope will be here by Wed. I think it was a smart move by Minelab to service detectors themselves rather than have Kellyco be their service rep. 

I guess I am not that good at math because I counted all my clad I found with my 800 last night and I was surprised that I had $78.40 not counting pennies. I thought I had like $67.00.  I was hoping to find $100 by the time I had it 3 weeks but it bit the dust 3 days to early. Not sure if I would have found another $22.60 in 3 days but if I knew I was that close I would have stayed out a few extra hours to get it, 

Does anyone know what a 2 yr old E-Trac is worth. No extra coils or accessories..  I am going to need to sell it because when the wife finds out I bought the 600 she will surely find $650 to buy something for herself. 

• Haha 1

I am happy with my 800 and it shouldn't be long before my second is here . But i wont be selling my other machines for a long time .

The ET and Explorer 11 will only be replaced by a ET replacement and i think that wont be for some time . I went out with the Nox earlier today but didn't find much and on its ninth trip failed to find a Gem like all 8 others . 

So on Tuesday i will take the ET out with me , its first trip out since late 2016 . If the beaches haven't built up further it should be interesting to see if i have left anything behind using the Nox .