Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Chinavasion Metal Detector

Gold Hound;

Itsapproximately 5ton per hour. I have a pump that is 32,000 per liter and the sluice is estimated to need about 20,000liter of water per hour which I think the artificial dam or pool structure would cater for. The site is actually alluvial though not without some small rocks which is why the sluice manufacturer designed the box in such a way that it allows the alluvial concentrate alone go into the sluice. As for the water, like you said a bore-hole will be a better option to the pond-like structure but again I am also concern of the cost. I wish to develop the hobby of using the detector locate nugget and also make some earning from that exercise like you but my main aim is to see the small scale mining kick start and I will also be glad to create jobs for the locals there which is one of the reasons that we are been allowed to have the lease.

A company by the name of Depar has the distribution rights to sell Fisher metal detector products in Africa. You can do a Google search and find them and they can tell you about distributors they have in South Africa. The home offices for Depar are in Dubai and Istanbul. There used to be some very severe legal restrictions on gold prospecting in South Africa and I have no idea what the current state of the law is there. It may still be the same.

Gold Hound:

My budget on metal detector is not to be more than $1,500: I need two; one for me and the other for my partner. The minelab gp3500 was around $3,900 when I checked.

Reno Chris:

Thanks. I have sorted my purchase of the detector. I am going to buy it online to be shipped to a friend of mine in Chicago. He knows how to send it to me. There is still a very strict legal restriction on gold prospecting in South Africa and the violator risk being jailed for more than 20years. I am prospecting in a town in the South Western State

• Like 1

I'd say get two Fors Golds or Two Gold Bug Pros or the standard for that matter. Detect out some good gold while your grid sampling your prospect and then when you hit some gold with the detectors reinvest the money in a minelab. Seems by then with your location of detectable gold along with your knowledge from the sampling you'd have the best spot to start processing on a major scale. I've found that the time spent sampling is invaluable to making sure that your putting all your hard work into the best available location.

Much luck to ya

Adam Robinson 

• Like 1

Gold Hound:

My budget on metal detector is not to be more than $1,500: I need two; one for me and the other for my partner. The minelab gp3500 was around $3,900 when I checked.

You can pick up a used gp 3500 for about 2k i think you'll find that most ground in africa is mineralized and VLF's do not handle that soil very well.

On a couple of site's I consulted on the larger previous mining company had done some drill sampling, so we used a couple of the sample holes as bore holes as they extended way below the water table and were sleeved.

This idea of mine saved big dollars on drilling costs and they only had the pump and plumbing costs.

So keep your eyes out for them or look at the records of the prevoius company for their locations.

5m3ph is that a hand feed operation as that is very small?

Adam Robinson:

Thanks. I decided on Fisher Gold Bug Pro and Nokta Fors Gold because I want to have the opportunity of variety. Thinking that where Gold bug pro is weak, the Fors gold maybe be strong. More so, I will have the opportunity to access the functionality of two brands and use that to determine future detectors that will be most ideal.

Last week Friday, I took a training on how to grid sample though doing so without any specialize device but using my detectors. In fact, I was advised to dedicate the first 2-3 weeks to grid sampling. Your message makes me to accept more that the importnace of grid sampling can not be over emphasized. Seems most people on this group are very vast and experienced!

• Like 1