Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Recovery Speed Comparision

midalake

On 4/27/2019 at 11:43 PM, EL NINO77 said:

Highly set recovery speed also has two features:

1. "Deep" - for example, in clean terrain when setting high recovery speed 6-7-8 you get deeper signals with faster spool sweeping ... with slow coil sweeping ..you reduce effective detection depth

2. "Separation" - A high recovery setting of 6-7-8 .. allows excellent separation with normal or slow sweeping coil.
At lower recovery speed settings you can never get so good separation by normal coil sweeping .. but sometimes you can still separate well at very slow or extremely slow sweep coil of detector...

..On the other hand, the disproportionately high recovery speed 7-8 has a rather low sensitivity, but the reach of very tiny objects of chain, jewelry or nuggets  .. On objects - the size of the coin still responds very well ..- even though it is lower range ...

Currently I am hunting in an area that requires enhancing signal separation over depth. I am curious about any noticeable reduction of iron falsing with lowered recovery speed. On the other hand, It is very helpful to know that if ever I hunt in a low mineral target-sparse site, depth may be possible at higher recovery speeds. The additional info about high recovery speed with respect to small gold nuggets could not be timed better. Thank you. Whenever I move to nugget hunting I will keep that in mind - after I get comfortable hunting in the Gold mode presets.

• Like 1