Ticks Are Out Up Here...

Woke up at 2:00AM with an itchy spot on my belly....sure enough...an attached tick. Found another this morning in the shower. I assume I picked them up from Heidi, but could have got them from moving pipe in the pasture. We have sheep in there all summer, and sheep have ticks, unfortunately I'll be treating my clothing with Permethrin before heading for the Cutoff tomorrow. Heads up!

Jim

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Yeah, they are out!  Been out detecting tailings 5 times now in open areas instead of beating the brush because of the ticks and still picked 4 ticks off me so far....lol. No gold yet but did pop an 1892 V nickel I'll clean up and post later.  For some reason V nickels are my favorite coin to dig even though V's and Buffies usually come out of the ground in ruff shape...….

• Like 1

Congrats on the Nickel, OG. That's one of my favorites, too. Treat your clothes with Permethrin, and your skin with Picaridin, and go where you want. Never had a tick on me when using both, and I spend a lot of time in tick country. I haven't been using either this spring, until now...LOL I even treat my sleeping bag with Permethrin, so if Heidi brings them into the camper, they die.

Jim

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1