Detecting Beach Rocks For A 10k With Diamonds!

Strick

I have two flash lights for night hunting.  Over the years I have gotten up early to beat the tide hunters and very rarely do dry sand.  My wife chastises me for this single-mindedness.  For the last few months with a new baby I haven't gotten out but that is starting to change some now.

I went to Pismo for my honeymoon a few years back.  We took our metal detectors and hunted the pier there.  My wife met a guy who had really great finds on his phone.  I eventually came over and looked and I was impressed.  I always wanted to go back but haven't yet but it is like most other beaches.  The more you hunt it the more you know and the more you find.

Blanket lines can be very productive because you can see what 'happened' the night before.  Back in the 80s before I took a 20 year break from detecting I found a nice watch I wore for 20 years.  This had been a 'sleep over/love session' and when they got cold they left.  If you go after sunset you can see the losts from the day before but there still may be some other activity you want to avoid with drinking parties and stuff like that.

Another reason to get up early and hunt the blanket line is to get there before the rakers on the beach.  I suspect that is why the guy you see is out there along with the replenishment.  Pismo is a tourist beach even for Californians.  Stuff gets lost at all beaches.

Good luck.  

Mitchel

• Like 4

I just went out to the beach this afternoon with my family.  I KNOW I should detect the blanket line much more these days.  There were 100x as many people on the blanket line than in the water.

• Like 2

So true Mn,

But I'm always amazed, and saddened😔 by how much trash, many of them leave behind!! Pure laziness!!😤👍👍

• Like 3