Wsa II Question

relicmeister

I purchased a pair of WSAII headphones so I could use the WS6 puck on one shaft w/9” coil, and a second shaft for 11” coil mostly using remote ( On the 9” I’ll use the remote at times and the WS6 other times. ) my question is if I bought another WSA II would I pair one to the puck and the other for the remote?  Could both be paired to remote or WS6 puck or both simultaneously? 
I’m confused and would like to know if it makes any sense to get a second WSA II. There’s a convenience to having one for each (essentially) detector. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, relicmeister said:

I purchased a pair of WSAII headphones so I could use the WS6 puck on one shaft w/9” coil, and a second shaft for 11” coil mostly using remote ( On the 9” I’ll use the remote at times and the WS6 other times. ) my question is if I bought another WSA II would I pair one to the puck and the other for the remote?  Could both be paired to remote or WS6 puck or both simultaneously? 
I’m confused and would like to know if it makes any sense to get a second WSA II. There’s a convenience to having one for each (essentially) detector. 

I had the same question. Since I have the WSA II backphones too, I decided to buy a second one and pair them to the WS6 puck. Don't want to have to keep unpairing and pairing stuff!

Alternately you can blow the big bucks and get the WSA II XL phones, and use them with one of the two.

I'm exploring another option and that is plugging an Aptx-LL transceiver into the WS6, and using some SoundBlaster Jam V2 headphones. 😁

Since I’m using the remote in a waterproof phone “bag” (Yes I know the remote is itself waterproof)attached with a carabiner to my gray ghost ultimate catch all pouch, I could use something wired via adapter, or even use the speaker in some cases the remote being fairly close to ear this way. I considered the WSA II XL but as I’m a big woods hunter I don’t like ear covering headphones for safety reasons. 
As of present With  a single WSA II I can have paired both the  remote and WS6 puck and just share'the one pair of back phones. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, relicmeister said:

As of present With  a single WSA II I can have paired both the  remote and WS6 puck and just share'the one pair of back phones. 

So that works... 🤔 😀 I like toys so I got 2. True that the WS6 is pretty independent once you unpair it from the RC.

You don't want to hunt farms in VA this time of year with over ear phones either... 😬 Just posted something 'bout that 🤪

• Like 2

I’d hunt farms in VA any time of year under any conditions which I had the opportunity, just  for the potential Colonial rewards it could bring. There is Colonial where we live but I was sparsely populated in the Colonial era making those kind of sites rare. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, relicmeister said:

I’d hunt farms in VA any time of year under any conditions which I had the opportunity, just  for the potential Colonial rewards it could bring. There is Colonial where we live but I was sparsely populated in the Colonial era making those kind of sites rare. 

Where I am just about everywhere will contain some colonial stuff. Even my yard had something despite the house being built in 2008 😀 that's what got me into this in 2020. Retired in '21, I get out there a lot now. The woods have stuff too, but the ravines are dangerous and everywhere.

Do you use topographic maps and aerials? That is a big help in evaluating a potential permission. 🙂

• Like 1