Unleashing The Beast

Mike K

Hey Mike,

First off, good job on the videos. The tracing on those targets looked great and definitely worth digging as you proved time and again.

Also, good job on conducting your research. It pays to go the extra mile and I am sure you had a big happy dance afterwards.

Interesting point bringing your sweep speed down from a 5 to a 2 to further investigate the target. I'll be sure to try that next time I get out with my Manticore.

Keep up the good work.

John

Well done video for showing the 2-d screen, VDI's, and allowing us to hear the tones.  I was surprised that last target was an Indian Head Cent.  My air tests (in All Terrain General) had 95% copper IHC's anywhere from low 50's to about 64, depending upon the particular coin.  (Don't want people to interpret this as the VDI spread on a single coin...).  12% nickel early IHC's are more like low 40's in those air tests.  I have noticed, however, that in some in-ground coins that AT high conductors will sometimes show considerably different VDI's than AT Low Conductors and AT General and I'm pretty sure most/all of this video you were hunting AT High C.  However, now that I think about it, you switched to those other two AT modes (Low C and General) to check the VDI on that target and they were about the same as what AT High C showed.  Possibly other settings also affect the VDI's.  I need way more time with mine before drawing conclusions.

That sure is a juicy detecting location you have there!

The 1923 Standing Liberty Quarter is a pretty good find, even with most of the date missing.  As you may know, pre-1925 SLQ's had the date standing up high on a base which led the dates to wear rather quickly.  Any pre-1925 with recognizable date+mintmark is a tough find.