The Minelab GPZ 7000 was introduced in 2015 and is still in production. The GPZ 7000 features Minelabs new Zero Voltage Technology (ZVT) which along with the new Super D coil takes the GPZ to the next level for gold prospecting. The GPZ 7000 along with Minelabs GPX pulse induction detectors currently set the standard for professional gold prospectors worldwide.
"With extreme depth capability and maximum gold sensitivity, the innovative GPZ 7000 takes gold detecting to a new level of performance. This exciting detector has many versatile features and new technologies including wireless audio, integrated GPS and a weatherproof platform. With easy page navigation for detecting and mapping functions, and icons showing settings at a glance, you'll be an expert in no time!" Source: Minelab website
Minelab GPZ 7000 metal detector
Minelab GPZ 7000 control panel
- Extreme Gold Depth - So how deep can you go? Well, up to 40%* deeper than the GPX series. Old gold fields are new again, thanks to the revolutionary new ZVT technology. Minelab takes you much deeper than ever before!
- Simple Menu System - The easy-to-use Menu Pages group similar functions together under Detect and Map sections, with all settings quickly accessible. Use the Guide Sequences to get started. You don’t need to be an expert to find gold!
- Maximum Gold Sensitivity - The incredible sensitivity of the GPZ 7000 with the Super‑D coil gives you the ultimate advantage in the field. Find gold others have missed, from sub-gram gold through to those elusive ‘retirement nuggets’ still out there.
- Wireless Audio Freedom - Detect without your headphones attached to the detector. With the WM 12 Wireless Module you have the choice of using the in-built speaker, the supplied headphones, or your favourite headphones.
- Precision Ground Balance - Most gold is buried in the mineralised ‘difficult’ ground that many detectors can’t cope with. The GPZ 7000 accurately ‘balances’ and automatically ‘tracks’ to even the most severe ground conditions, with ease.
- GPS Locating & PC Mapping - See your location and log gold finds as you detect. With the built-in GPS you’ll efficiently cover more ground and won’t miss a nugget! Record your favourite ‘hot-spots’ by saving data to XChange 2 with Google Maps.
- Enhanced Noise Immunity - The outstanding noise immunity of the GPZ 7000 enables very smooth and quiet detecting. With 256 Noise Cancel channels, the GPZ 7000 picks up less atmospheric noise. Listen to the gold, not the noise interference!
- Waterproof Coil to 1 m (3 ft)‡ - The GPZ 14 coil is waterproof and submersible to a depth of 1 m (3 ft). You can easily detect rivers and shorelines with no fuss! The weatherproof design of the GPZ 7000 allows you to go detecting in rainy or wet conditions.