Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Minelab SDC 2300 Product Details

Looks like my wish came true ....they just put it on the wrong machine LOL!!

The carbon fiber Pole's...

lets see 2300 P.I. weighs 5.3 Lbs without battery's..

4 C-Cells weigh about 9.5 ounces so about half a  pound...that would put the 2300 at 5.8 unless theres a holder of some sort the bat's go in...

the ATX is doing 6.9lbs with batterys..

So it looks like the 2300 is a pound lighter with the smaller coil...

so I wonder if the carbon fiber is that much lighter over the fiberglass rod's...or is the 2300 control box heavier than the ATX box...

the carbon fiber might only shave a half pound or so off the ATX if it had it..and for the cost I might see why Garrett avoided it...fiberglas in ceheap carbon fiber is worthmore than gold per ounce it seem's...

Heck we might Know why the price point for the 2300 is high...LOL!!!

no but seriously it probably would of tacked on 200.00 or more bucks for Garrett to supply carbon...

I know its irrelevant to the discussion about the machine just thinking out loud..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No one Knows anything at this point about the machine and its abilities..But I do like seeing another P.I. coming out...

I see where its aimed with dissposable bat's and fold up design...Guys hopping on planes...

I wonder how long 6 volts will run the P.I.

Im sure they went C-Cell for a longer cycle...

small coil, low voltage, MPF hopefully shuts off flyback fast enough to hear the smaller tiny gold...

Maybe they are aiming it to the guys to get over where the gold rush is at on the other continent and pick behind the big machines looking for the smaller stuff...Just taking a stab at that..

I remember reading that voltage is not everything on a P.I.doubling it does not double the depth just like on a VLF..

but it does help sensitivity somewhat  but maybe the MPF counteracts the low voltage..

to much speculation LOL!!

Keith

• 2 weeks later...

I updated my page at http://www.detectorprospector.com/gold-prospecting-equipment/minelab-sdc-2300-waterproof-gold-nugget-detector.htm to include the latest information on the SDC 2300. Questions I have. The SDC has a theshold control but no mention of a volume control? The F3 Compact operating manual also mentions no volume control. The supplied dry land headphones and underwater headphones have no volume controls. So is there a volume control? I do not see how there can't be but if so it is being kept secret. Related question - will a headphone adapter be available to allow you to use your favorite headphone?

:blink: Price has always been a concern to me, could never get my head around why the ML 5000 was roughly 6 times the cost of a good VLF gold machine & yet could not signal on certain gold specimens that were easy for a good VLF!

Can't wait to see how much cheaper the 2300 will be sold in Africa for?