Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Surgery Operation On TDI Bh Question.....

50 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

Did this guy make a vidio showing it in operation??

I'll check if the coil worked out...My doubt still remain on other stuff probably unnecessary on his board...

I always read of resistors and other things I don't even know right now as I'm not a technician...

1 hour ago, Skullgolddiver said:

An hour ago I found an old piece by another surgery done on one of my Excals....The old good 10" tornado 2...Before to buy a Garrett coil I'm now tempted to build my own creation...A bit of hard work preparing the shell,removing anything from the inside, but will be the best of the best to contain a mono winding and resistors...

I only need to learn how not to burn all of the stuff before even to turn on again the beast...?

leave the minelab coil alive. you better google for the coils shell- there are plenty of options. one example:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Metal-detector-8-coil-housing-shell-with-bracket-/174001245964

• Like 3

Just now, pjrough said:

leave the minelab coil alive. you better google for the coils shell- there are plenty of options. one example:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Metal-detector-8-coil-housing-shell-with-bracket-/174001245964

Well done!!!!!!!!

RR

3 minutes ago, Rivers rat said:

I had a 7" shell but Alexandre has it now he was suppose to do me a 7" coil for PI thats before Fisher bought the project......

RR

Straight from the hands of our future God???

• Like 1

other option is to talk to detech (for example). there are many TDIBH users out there, and the waranty period of first detectors is running out. many people are searching for alternatives to 12" floaty coil. someone has to bring 8 -11" epoxy filled coil to the market...

• Like 1

Just now, Skullgolddiver said:

Straight from the hands of our future God???

I detect the Thames and there is carpets of nails (literally) if the version Terra or Aq can work on the Thames with the small coil i think a lot of my machines will be up for sale and i ll be rich again loooool

RR

7 minutes ago, pjrough said:

other option is to talk to detech (for example). the re are many TDIBH users out there, and the waranty period of first detectors is running out. many people are searching alternatives to 12" floaty coil. someone has to bring 8 -11" epoxy filled coil to the market...

This will be another good option and if they are opened to this kind of requests, I'll be more than happy to suggest how a dive coil need to be (at least for my taste)

15 minutes ago, Rivers rat said:

I detect the Thames and there is carpets of nails (literally) if the version Terra or Aq can work on the Thames with the small coil i think a lot of my machines will be up for sale and i ll be rich again loooool

RR

I think the machine is fast enough to really separate iron from good stuff... Unluckily for us, in the water 12.5" is not that manouvrable...And in saltwater here in my area, seem to be impossible to hunt without noise...Nuisance is the correct term...As I feel when using the TDI now.