Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Fisher Impulse And The " No Holes " Claim

I am having a hard time reconciling “there are no holes” with “most U.S. coins are lost if you disc out ferrous.” Yet I am also more than happy to concede that Carl’s technical expertise and knowledge are an elephant to my gnats arse. If he says in his opinion the AQ lacks a hole as it would normally be thought of in the technical sense, I bow to him on that issue.

For me all I have ever wanted was Aquastar type power in a 21st century package. All that matters to me is the raw depth. Any, and I mean any, discrimination capability is pure gravy as far as I am concerned. I never turned on the disc on my GP and GPX detectors. I just did not trust it, still don’t. I will experiment with the disc on the AQ just to learn what it can do, but suspect I will prefer using the machine in all metal mode most of the time. It’s just a cleaner, simpler mode of detecting for me. Seriously, after digging holes in tailing piles day in and day out, junk for days on end for a nugget or two, beach and water detecting is a literal walk in the park. Digging in sand... what a treat!

• Like 4
  • Oh my! 1

Killer unit.....low tide hard pan and general beach hunting. Full power in deeper and rougher water might be too much gun unless Steve can roll out one of those pontoon dredges with a 4” suction hose.....?

Calm waters or lakes then be prepared to seriously dig.....hard pack sand or clay will give you a serious workout...no need for those Gym memberships anymore.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, phrunt said:

That's what convinced me to give beach detecting a shot, easy on the old back and seeing my foot can sink with one step a decent part of the depth my detector can achieve I don't see sand as an issue.  So far it's looking like Fisher and notably Alexandre have given people a decent detector.  ?

“Easy on the old back”..........Simon is going to get a reality check if you end up with an AQ ????

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, Tony said:

Will Platinum be “captured” in any other mode except All Metal. 
Potentially losing “big gold” would also force me into All Metal.......and that is fine by me. I have very little iron junk on my beaches which is also a bonus.

Platinum rings are like gold rings... they can be all over the conductivity range depending on size, thickness, & alloy. Generally you want to hunt in all-metal whenever possible. Use Tone mode when there are a lot of nails or when you get tired of digging clad. Use Mute mode when there is so much iron it's too noisy (like, say, a beach fire pit area).

• Like 5

Interesting that accomplished beach hunters do the same thing with the current best tool for the job, the Excalibur and the CZ-21 are almost always used in all metal (I think that’s PinPoint on the Excal, correct me if that ain’t right. The AQ is the same. If you want the maximum of sensitivity - either for really deep stuff or jus weak signals from smaller stuff a ways down,  you will do like Denis (LE.JAG) does and hunt in all metal - listening VERY closely for nice “round” returns or those little “breaths” in the threshold which betray something at the edge of detection.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Geotech said:

Platinum rings are like gold rings... they can be all over the conductivity range depending on size, thickness, & alloy. Generally you want to hunt in all-metal whenever possible. Use Tone mode when there are a lot of nails or when you get tired of digging clad. Use Mute mode when there is so much iron it's too noisy (like, say, a beach fire pit area).

(Sorry, didn’t mean for the thread to drift off topic....)

I find with Platinum (big and small) is most seem to fall very low on the conductivity scale unlike gold with its much wider range of alloys. All of my platinum finds are either 900 or 950 and just the one at 850. I recall nearly passing up a 10 gram Platinum ring with my Excalibur as it sounded like a chunk of foil ?

Free!! With the first 50 Impulses sold! ??

20200614_001745.jpg

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Joe D. said:

Free!! With the first 50 Impulses sold! ??

20200614_001745.jpg

Might need the next model up.......?