Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

A Couple Of Old Ones Today...

Chase -- I hear you, LOL!  This weather is ridiculous!  I try to leave this weather behind, in Oklahoma, when I come up here to visit in the summer.  Somehow, it followed me here!  I'll see if there's a way we can hook up in the fall, for sure.  I look forward to it...

Steve

• Like 1

21 hours ago, steveg said:

GB_Amateur --

I am going to try and give a bit more info about my opinions on iron bias....

That report is greatly appreciated.  When I've had time (i.e. out hunting but not in a hurry) I've experimented by running FE2=4-5 and when I get mixed ferrous + non-ferrous I go into the settings and run it up to 9 and down to 0, checking to see if things sound different.  Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't.  But so far, it's only crown caps that have shown a difference.  I really would like to get some experience with buried (more so than test station) bent nails and square nails.  That's where it would do me some good.

It's interesting that on some detectors this iron bias fetaure is called "bottle cap reject".  Detector companies are all too loose renaming things, just making it confusing for the detectorists.  So until I get more experience/data, I'm not getting my hopes up.  Call me a 'doubting Thomas' if you (plural) like.  The more appropriate name for that is 'scientist'.

• Like 1