Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Pro Find 35 Cutting Up - Minelab Contacted

RobNC

Well I can't complain now, they completely replaced it with NIB unit. I think the pinpointer has the same issues as some Equinoxes do, waterproofing and buttons. Mine never was submerged. The only water it seen was some ran over the handle and a damp rag. If it can't take that then it is definitely not water resistant and for sure not waterproof. Always dried it off after cleaning too.

When it works it is a nice pinpointer with a lot of detection depth. Mine worked a while but didn't hold up to light use. I even wrapped Temflex (a rubber material for splicing. It has no adhesive but adheres to itself when stretched over itself) over the tip to prevent damage to the tip. Any time the Temflex wore down I would replace it. So it was well taken care of. 

For now this one remains sealed in the box. And yes, I also tried Lithium 9V and the EBL rechargeable 9V Lithium-ion along with numerous high quality alkaline 9v all with same behavior. My Mars pinpointer is using one of the EBL's now and has been on 6 hunts without a recharge with no problems. 

Like I said a bazillion times. It works very stable with the lithium rechargeables because the voltage doesn't drop off as quickly as the alkalines do. It really needs full voltage to operate good. Other pp's aren't as voltage tolerant it seems.