Post Your Christmas Gear!

Now that we are waking up in the USA, we've got around to the last places that see Christmas, everyone should have their presents by days end. Back to you, NZ... 🤣

Shame that the new detector releases didn't make it in time, but some people got theirs early 🙄 😀 at least we can make informed decisions and get on the dreaded waiting lists.

I woke up this morning and just for the fun of it checked a beach camera on a place I have hunted, and sure enough there was someone out metal detecting the beach. 🤬 Lucky to be out early Christmas morning.

I hope everyone was nice this year and didn't get coal or hot rocks, or a stocking full of pull tabs! 

My lovely wife who supports my obsession gave me this today:20211225_080049.thumb.jpg.21cef91323de1490d9193c9ebca144cd.jpg

I have a Predator Barracuda but the Ranger digs a little deeper, and I like the "D" handle. Can't wait to get out in the field. Probably a scary digger for my campground or farmhouse permissions but I've seen what these do in the fields and woods.

Here's a size comparison:20211225_105344.thumb.jpg.3955180ddc9397f3d43939609d375625.jpg

She also got me a Milwaukee M12 heated hoodie because I get out there more in the winter.

Let's see what Santa brought you! Merry Christmas! 🎄

19 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Now that we are waking up in the USA, we've got around to the last places that see Christmas, everyone should have their presents by days end. Back to you, NZ... 🤣

Shame that the new detector releases didn't make it in time, but some people got theirs early 🙄 😀 at least we can make informed decisions and get on the dreaded waiting lists.

I woke up this morning and just for the fun of it checked a beach camera on a place I have hunted, and sure enough there was someone out metal detecting the beach. 🤬 Lucky to be out early Christmas morning.

I hope everyone was nice this year and didn't get coal or hot rocks, or a stocking full of pull tabs! 

My lovely wife who supports my obsession gave me this today:20211225_080049.thumb.jpg.21cef91323de1490d9193c9ebca144cd.jpg

I have a Predator Barracuda but the Ranger digs a little deeper, and I like the "D" handle. Can't wait to get out in the field. Probably a scary digger for my campground or farmhouse permissions but I've seen what these do in the fields and woods.

She also got me a Milwaukee M12 heated hoodie because I get out there more in the winter.

Let's see what Santa brought you! Merry Christmas! 🎄

I have yet to look under the tree, but Merry Christmas to you and yours.  So funny to see someone out on this morning trying to get one more nice beach find from Santa.  That digger is the same one I use, well built.

15 minutes ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

I have yet to look under the tree, but Merry Christmas to you and yours.  So funny to see someone out on this morning trying to get one more nice beach find from Santa.  That digger is the same one I use, well built.

Thanks Gerry, been using the 'Cuda for the past year, most of my finds end up still in the hole. Not anymore😈

Nice to see your new digging equipment, I've had little luck with shovels so I wish you the best with yours, looks better built than the ones I've tried and a nice design.  I didn't get anything metal detecting related from Santa, I guess he figured I've got enough when my detector cupboard is overflowing and is now multiple cupboards and even hidden away under couches and anywhere else I can find some space.  

It's the day after Christmas here now so I'm in recovery mode from filling my body with foods and fluids to the point I've had enough to see me out the rest of the year.  Toilets weren't really designed to handle the load on the day after Christmas, the day of the year where you need to brace yourself by holding yourself down while releasing or you may launch like a rocket.

I guess old Saint Nick works by level of importance 🙂  The US mainland isn't completely last, some outlying US islands come in last on Santa's delivery schedule such as Baker Island and Howland Island.  I guess those in the US could argue he saves the best for last, although my theory is he'd be down to the dregs on presents by then as he unloads the heavy stuff first so he doesn't wear down the reindeers with the long haul ahead of them, your new shovel must be a nice light one. 🙂

Enjoy your Christmas day, don't eat or drink too much! I hear it's easier to clog a toilet that flushes backwards as gravity isn't on it's side.

24 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Nice to see your new digging equipment, I've had little luck with shovels so I wish you the best with yours, looks better built than the ones I've tried and a nice design.  I didn't get anything metal detecting related from Santa, I guess he figured I've got enough when my detector cupboard is overflowing and is now multiple cupboards and even hidden away under couches and anywhere else I can find some space.  

It's the day after Christmas here now so I'm in recovery mode from filling my body with foods and fluids to the point I've had enough to see me out the rest of the year.  Toilets weren't really designed to handle the load on the day after Christmas, the day of the year where you need to brace yourself by holding yourself down while releasing or you may launch like a rocket.

I guess old Saint Nick works by level of importance 🙂  The US mainland isn't completely last, some outlying US islands come in last on Santa's delivery schedule such as Baker Island and Howland Island.  I guess those in the US could argue he saves the best for last, although my theory is he'd be down to the dregs on presents by then as he unloads the heavy stuff first so he doesn't wear down the reindeers with the long haul ahead of them, your new shovel must be a nice light one. 🙂

Enjoy your Christmas day, don't eat or drink too much! I hear it's easier to clog a toilet that flushes backwards as gravity isn't on it's side.

Thanks Simon! The old Barracuda is a little lighter and has a slightly longer handle. It weighs 2.14 pounds, and has a 5x9" blade. The Ranger weighs 3 pounds 2 ounces and has a 6x11"ish blade, although in the picture I'd say the blade is 3" longer. I've never complained about shovel weight.

I also have a Lesche Sampson that I barely used, it doesn't have the serrations. I also know you broke two of them! 😀 I think I'll sell it.

It's been a fun Christmas for sure, and despite the water savings of our toilets, we always double flush. 🤣

They do seem nice shovels, and I guess with the toilet situation becomes a problem you've got nice new shoveling equipment to sort that out, if the going gets tough the shovels get going!

Just now, phrunt said:

They do seem nice shovels, and I guess with the toilet situation becomes a problem you've got nice new shoveling equipment to sort that out, if the going gets tough the shovels get going!

That's right in line with my favorite saying:

"If you ain't swinging, you ain't finding"

🤣