XP Deus 2 Stock And Modified Programs On A Deep Civil War Bullet.

abenson

Andy, thanks for the well done video.  I do have a couple questions:

1) It seemed like some of the programs occasionally flashed a dTID in the 80's.  But also I think you said one showed mid-30's (is that about the ferrous/non-ferrous breakpoint?).  Am I correct?  Without ground interference, where would you expect this target to hit on the scale?

2) Did the soil show signs of moisture when you dug it?  Have you had precip. this winter that would explain why Beach mode (presumably with salt cancellation properties) did best among the four you tested? 

3) Based upon knowledge of the frequency components (thank you, XP, for revealing these!) of the four modes tested, which one should have had an advantage on this particular target?

1 hour ago, GB_Amateur said:

Andy, thanks for the well done video.  I do have a couple questions:

1) It seemed like some of the programs occasionally flashed a dTID in the 80's.  But also I think you said one showed mid-30's (is that about the ferrous/non-ferrous breakpoint?).  Am I correct?  Without ground interference, where would you expect this target to hit on the scale?

2) Did the soil show signs of moisture when you dug it?  Have you had precip. this winter that would explain why Beach mode (presumably with salt cancellation properties) did best among the four you tested? 

3) Based upon knowledge of the frequency components (thank you, XP, for revealing these!) of the four modes tested, which one should have had an advantage on this particular target?

1) low 80's is where that bullet hits out of the ground. Most of your iron nails are going to be 00 and single digits. Obviously other iron targets can be all over the scale depending on size and make up. Coke, foil, small gold is going to be/could be in the 20's. At a relic site I would actually start looking at TID's starting in the 30's small iron backed navy cuff buttons come in at the low 30's, percussion caps in the 40's, $1 gold coin about 59.

2) ground was frozen but the clods I was getting out of the holes turned to mud. So I would say yes moisture present and probably why the Beach mode did work best given the high alkaline soil.

3) for me I feel like the 4-24 KHz range is best for relic hunting (see the range of TID's above). But on this particular target 4-14 KHz should be optimal.