XP Deus 2 Modern Trash First Impressions

Thank you for reading and responding. Please feel free to jump right in and offer whatever your experiences have been.

I got to hunt for a short period of time today with my Deus 2 for coins and jewelry. It did not disappoint.

I have hunted this area extensively with my Deus 1 recently and a little with an Equinox 600 a couple of years ago. It is a school/city park site that had new sprinklers and sidewalks put in about 4 years ago. I have found some older nickels including Buffaloes and Wheat pennies so I knew silver was a possibility. I sure didn't expect silver Washington quarters however.

These two quarters and several of the other quarters were on edge in the 4 to 6" depth range. So were the other coins. I was really glad to get the silver ring also.

The nickels also really get me excited since they are so easy to hear on Deus 2 by setting up a small tone bin for them. The little pile of trash in the top right of the photo are the square tabs and beaver tails that also can be found in the 60 to 64 target ID area. So can rusted/bent Corona steel crown bottle caps which are found a lot in my area. The "gold" ring is gold plated/Avon bling........too bad!

The XP Deus 2, even with basic General program settings, is proving to be quite the coin and jewelry detector.

IMG_3261.jpg

I still have yet to take the Deus 2 to a park.. I was able to ignore bottle caps effectively at a trashy beach on a short test. You did not mention about bottle cap reject settings?

strick

9 minutes ago, strick said:

I still have yet to take the Deus 2 to a park.. I was able to ignore bottle caps effectively at a trashy beach on a short test. You did not mention about bottle cap reject settings?

strick

Right now I keep bottle cap reject on zero. That may be dumb but it has worked for me so far. I go by the tones and their characteristics and sometimes check the horseshoe graph. 

The dirt here is so mineralized that even good coin targets start to get iffy at about 6” depth with sporadic iron responses. When I use bottle cap reject the deeper borderline good targets get even more iffy.