Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

New Software Update Coming?

SwiftSword

2 hours ago, D&P-OR said:

What's wrong with it running on 0.71?

There is very little wrong with 0.71 unless you want to use it a lot for very small gold prospecting. Its Goldfield mode needs some work on sensitivity to small gold nuggets/pickers below .25 grams which is the size of lots of the remaining, easier to find, near the surface gold in many of the places in the Western USA which might indicate bigger, deeper gold nearby.

• Like 1

I haven't had the chance to use it in an actual gold field yet but I did try Goldfield mode on a few tot-lots and man that hits some super tiny targets there. So much so, I ended up switching to Relic or Park just so I didn't have to dig microscopic pieces of jewelry and tiny metallic thingies. It reminds me of Park 2 on my other detector in that it makes the tinest targets sound big, but I don't know how many earring backs, small single links from a chain, or tiny bedazzler doodads I want to dig. ?  I can see where that would be more important in tiny nugget hunting, but I don't think I'll use Goldfield in a parks or tot-lots anymore. ?  

• Like 1