So The Beach Hunts Start Again

11 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Ha, another monster truck collector! ?

Seriously great hunt. That's a lot of digging! Are any of the silver rings marked "sterling"?

Shame some detectorists think they "own" the beach, or areas of it. Never bothers me that someone is nearby, just makes me work harder ?

That truck was DEEEEEP. I couldn't believe it was new and that deep. All the rings are 925's, so pretty fresh drops I would think, especially with 3 of them within a couple feet of each other. It's tough competition on this beach, so everyone hunts fast ? I saw a couple of coils swung a bit too high too. Fun in the sun ?

7 hours ago, CPT_GhostLight said:

Embrace the weird, it's working for you and it keeps other detectorists at bay while you clean up! ? Well done! 

I love being the weird guy ? By the time I'm done my hair is a mess and my eyes are red from the wind and my pouches surround me, and then there's that big battery thing and curly cord hanging from that vest....... Yep it's a sight for sure. ?

4 minutes ago, rvpopeye said:

sohN

New ranger at my beach and never returned my call about renewing my pass this year, got in 2 trips there but just junk before Memorial day.......spending more time with mom since covid shut down and moved 4 times since June , not much detecting time lately but now.......

That permission I'm after is the local fairgrounds , been in operation for a LONG time. It's even older than me !

Harness racing , carnival rides , livestock exhibitions , girlie shows  , car shows and demolition derbies !  Maybe I can actually post a respectable haul before the Nox warranty expires ?

And yes , a camper area , I just moved in for the rest of the month !

I wake up before sunrise and will just have to step outside and hit the on button !

..and there's lots of sand here so it's kinda like the beach..

Stay tuned for further developments.?

I can't wait to hear about those hunts. There has got to be some good old silver and gold there. Hopefully not hunted hard before. Wish you luck!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, schoolofhardNox said:

That truck was DEEEEEP

Last one I dug was about a foot down. Guess the kid took the excavator toy with him. ? What is it with deep buried monster trucks? Dug 2 so far in the past month.

10 minutes ago, schoolofhardNox said:

By the time I'm done my hair is a mess

You have HAIR? Sorry couldn't resist. ? Don't think any detectorist I've met lately had any... ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Last one I dug was about a foot down. Guess the kid took the excavator toy with him. ? What is it with deep buried monster trucks? Dug 2 so far in the past month.

You have HAIR? Sorry couldn't resist. ? Don't think any detectorist I've met lately had any... ?

Yep this one just a couple inches deeper. Wasn't expecting that to be in the hole.

Hair is not one of my wants ? It's been long since the early 80's. Every time it goes out of style, I just wait it out. In 2010, at my 30th high school reunion, everyone was bald or gray. I'm like who the hell are all these people??? ?

• Haha 4

Beach hunt #3 was the third trip to this beach, and it’s definitely time to move to another beach a bit closer to home. Finally, some cool weather to keep the crowds down. Lots of guys surfing with big waves, so not the conditions I want for digging in the water. I did get to talk to one of the guys that was hunting that small patch very hard last week. He said the group of hunters hit that area for 4 days straight. Lots of gold rings, silver chains and an unusual number of half dollars coughed up from the ocean during the storm. Half dollars at 2” deep. Normally I would not believe these stories, but I hit a patch in that same area about a year ago and found similar, although not as lucrative, results. Well done guys!!!!  ? As for me, I worked 9 hours for mostly clad and hit all the remaining areas that I wanted to do before I change beaches. Tons of trash for just a silver ring and a silver Washington quarter. I just could not find the silver layer. Funny how on other days silver was easy, but the last 3 times out, I struggled to get to where I wanted to be. But still better than sitting home on the couch. Those gold colored nip bottle caps should be illegal. ? Had me thinking gold was found at least 3 times before I caught on. I am however getting tired of seeing every single hunter using an Equinox. Hope the Manticore does not sell as well. ? Now time to just wait for next week’s hunt.

20220925_181937.jpg

20220925_181607.jpg

20220925_180841.jpg

20220925_182550.jpg

• Like 8

Beach hunt #4 is at a new beach. This one is pretty trashy up top, so the Equinox played most of the hunt. Total hunt was 9 ½ hours with the Nox doing 7 hours and the GPX 2 ½ hours. Great weather day and crowds were nonexistent for the most part. This is definitely the party beach as there were tons of bottle caps, some exposed, and a lot of foil, which I did not dig. Most of the time was spent waiting for the tide to go down so I could get away from the trash and concentrate on missed coins. Not a lot of goodies but one large silver ring. Next week at another new stop. I’m trying to expand out a bit. Great to be out hunting and enjoying the weather while it lasts.

20220930_115356.jpg

20220930_120827.jpg

20220929_140511 - Copy.jpg

20220930_121142.jpg

20220930_121656.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh my! 1

I can't help but wonder if you were at a beach I'm detecting just before I got there.........?

And I just wish I could last 9+ hours detecting too !

The world is a much cleaner place wherever you detect without a doubt.

Good hunt , once again  WTG.?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

I can't help but wonder if you were at a beach I'm detecting just before I got there.........?

And I just wish I could last 9+ hours detecting too !

The world is a much cleaner place wherever you detect without a doubt.

Good hunt , once again  WTG.?

Thanks. Don't worry, if you are finding pull tabs and bottle caps, I have not been there. It seems lately I am a junk magnet with a couple of nice tidbits thrown in. If you want me to sweep all the junk out for you, call me up ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

Make `it so #1   ! ?

Thanks Jean luc  ?

• Haha 1