Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Garrett, Send Me An Axiom And I Will…….

10 minutes ago, Smigo said:

Glad I live in a really small town here in Vic mate. 99% Old style Oz and not because its 99% westerners. We have people from all corners of the globe. But we live as 1 aussies . We get along and respect each other. Small yes, but great little place. 

I didn't want to come or be here as my last home was 8 times or more bigger. But covid work from home and stuff forced us out. 

Now, when travelling to shop there, last place, here has not much so its a big travel, I see the change of people. Now im glad I dont live there. Its stuffed up. 

We go to sleep here hearing nothing, no hoons, no burnouts like last town, no screaming, no violent fights, no police. 

Its like we stepped back in time when we first came to central Victoria in the early 1990's.

I think we'll hang here till we die. If it goes that well ?

Yes mate I wouldn't want to live in a city again, my wife and I have been in the country for 40years now, the last 25 here in Tasmania we have gone to the next level, 50 acres and we can't see our neighbours, but they are good people all the same, we don't lock our doors my shed doors don't even have locks and the keys are left in the car. The birds are a bit noisy in the morning though !

• Like 2

Garrett,

Please don't send those guys anything as they all have several detectors to use as it is.

However as it is, I only have 1 old unit that my grandfather left me when he passed away, and would enjoy a new and shiny detector or anything else to use in my detecting and gold panning hobby.

Please forgive those who are more fortunate than me as they are trying really hard to outsmart your great company.

Thank you, Caleb

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

What's a skidplate? Never needed the unnecessary extra weight personally but sure used a lot of epoxy resin as "hardfacing" underneath coils over the years.

Must be the result of my early years operating and rebuilding ground contacting earthmoving equipment :wink:

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, jrbeatty said:

What's a skidplate? Never needed the unnecessary extra weight personally but sure used a lot of epoxy resin as "hardfacing" underneath coils over the years.

Must be the result of my early years operating and rebuilding ground contacting earthmoving equipment :wink:

I often detect in quartz mining areas. With lots of broken out quartz thats like glass and cuts the bottom of coils out really fast. Razor blade stuff. After yrs of doing so I wear leather gloves. Not because im a sook, but because i have cut my hands on it seeing blood squirt out like from a water pistol. Some detect in areas like open ground , others have areas to there liking. Thats mine. Dig a hole or grab what I do where I go and see how long you last until you look for gloves and a skid plate to stop your coil getting destroyed in a ridiculously short amount of time or go to hospital. Nobody is immune from what I do unless you are superman! I wear sunglasses too. Not just for the sun, but to me they are my eye skid plates. A few times when not wise not wearing them cut my face from flying shards of glass sharp quartz. Baddly too at times. Once I had to go to hospital to get a bit removed from an eye. It aint fun that I can tell you. A bit sticking out of your eye, 2 hr drive to the hospital trying like insane not to blink. Ill tell you, you blink without trying over and over and over every minute, it was one of the most painful things I went through, then a thing holding your eye open as they remove it then 2 weeks with an eye patch on hoping you can see again. 

Chuckle away.....

• Like 2
  • Oh my! 1