Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

1st Run With The Xceed 12x7 Mono

Aureous

I am looking forward to trying out the 16 X 10" Spoked when available to purchase. It will be the largest area sized non DD coil offered besides the stock 17 X 13" and it will be a lot lighter to swing also. I'm hoping they use the same wiring configuration as the 12 x 7" though for best all around performance.

I have added a comparison chart to show the comparisons below. 

3165-1f43acca24d3f1a28aef2fab626eb1e5.jpg

A34E27BC-6749-4924-B35C-85F077D58E78.jpeg

• Like 4

On 2/1/2023 at 2:33 PM, phrunt said:

Well that answers my questions, now I must order one again.  Thanks.

-- update, delayed my order again for now until I know more about the coils performance over the stock in regards to small gold sensitivity.

Why do you focus so much on small gold sensitivity? I can't help but notice from your posts that always seems to be your angle. Small gold. If that is all you focus on then that is most likely all you are going to find. You leave little chance to bigger deeper gold.

D4G

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dig4gold said:

Why do you focus so much on small gold sensitivity? I can't help but notice from your posts that always seems to be your angle. Small gold. If that is all you focus on then that is most likely all you are going to find. You leave little chance to bigger deeper gold.

Yes, I do tend to focus on small gold, mainly because I'd rather go home with something rather than nothing, I have a hard enough time finding the small bits let alone a bigger one ?

I do tend to use the 15" CC the most out of my coils on my GPZ so that with any luck would find me a deeper one if it was there, it's been my most successful coil on that detector and I prefer to use the GPZ if I'm hoping for something bigger, the GPX I've decided is my smaller gold and can't be bothered rigging up machine.

• Like 3

The 12x7 has been getting a bit of a run over the past couple of weeks. It continues to impress as a well behaved coil that responds quietly to most conditions. As with all of the coils that currently run on the 6, wet ground cover or damp mineralised soil can be a bit of a pain when running the machine flat out but this really comes down to the price that you pay for sensitivity. Hot rocks love this coil when running in normal but a quick button press into difficult usually provides the answer that you are after. If the signal disappears a hot rock is usually the culprit. Anything else is worth further investigation. One thing I have noticed about this coil compared to the Coiltek 10x5 is that the broader signal heard on the 12x7 has a bit more tonal variation than the Coiltek. Steel, lead and gold are a bit easier to pick with the Nuggetfinder but both coils can trick you consistently. Junk signals that give a harsh scream can end up being gold and silky smooth, mellow tones can result in a small piece of rust. You really do have to dig everything. Had a pleasant morning out late last week and was pleased to come home with some small pieces from heavily worked country.
37BAB39D-7F30-417D-AEE7-C608FF399623.thumb.jpeg.b3ecd0cf9c14f302c685fe5dd349fcca.jpeg

This coil is very good in tight areas and works well in all positions. The larger piece was detected in a vertical wall and gave a good, clean signal.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1