Minelab Responds To Critical You-tuber

strick

8 hours ago, Geotech said:

The funny thing is, Mark Laurie gave Merrill the correct information and he didn't even know it.

The weakness of the assumption of unheld knowledge.

13 hours ago, cjc said:

a teacher (or even "Detexpert)"--basic skills and theory notwithstanding.

What comes from that assumption.

9 hours ago, Geotech said:

It's convinced me that I need to add a section to my book that covers transmit power mythologies.

We who read these threads know better because those who contribute know better and share it for those who want to know. Basic skills and theory are not a popular fashion in self education anymore.

4 minutes ago, TroyLPN said:

Come on down here and visit us!  I can give you some hints on where to park and which areas are your best chance to find something good. The beaches are sanded back in again but it was high 70's/low 80's most of last week. 

The generosity of spirit that makes this place work.

53 minutes ago, TroyLPN said:

"B" is one of my detecting friends. I'm not going to say exactly where he lives but you can probably figure out a general location from my info.  Super nice guy.  

Come on down here and visit us!  I can give you some hints on where to park and which areas are your best chance to find something good. The beaches are sanded back in again but it was high 70's/low 80's most of last week. 

Or maybe his youtube channel name could give a hint? Ha!

Hey! I'm open to suggestions on where to park on my side of the state at the beach.

Haven't found many free spots around here unless you want to risk getting towed. $2.50 or $3.00 an hour at the lots.

• Oh my! 1

15 minutes ago, TampaBayBrad said:

Haven't found many free spots around here unless you want to risk getting towed. $2.50 or $3.00 an hour at the lots.

Here in Calif we dont even have to pay that much..crazy charging by the hour..

strick 

8 minutes ago, strick said:

Here in Calif we dont even have to pay that much..crazy charging by the hour..

strick 

Luckily I usually only hunt for 3 hours....but still. 😒

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 1

4 minutes ago, pikens said:

The high conductor setting will send a very low signal to the ground and use more battery. Maybe that is when it uses more power ?

Yes, lower weighted frequencies seem to use more power.  This is from the XP Deus 1 manual as an example as they outline it, look at all the different battery life changes between different modes

1850368079_duesbattery.thumb.jpg.a6ee43eba6ab5f8693bb2e6a5e28ad7d.jpg

Have a look at 4kHz with TX Boost, only 6 hours battery life when if you use it at 80kHz looking for Nuggets you'll get 25 hours, a substantial difference.

Looking for high conductors will be using low frequencies, thereby using more power, I think with the Manticore it goes as low as 2.7kHz from memory too.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Carolina said:

If we are going to start renaming like we did with the Equinox, my vote for the Manticore is M core. JMHO. I have seen both used previously.

I've been calling it the Mantiwhore over on FB.

Evidently, thats inappropriate...

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Medina said:

I've been calling it the Mantiwhore over on FB.

Evidently, thats inappropriate...

No no. That is what you call desperate souls who will do anything the wife wants to get one of those.

4 hours ago, TampaBayBrad said:

Or maybe his youtube channel name could give a hint? Ha!

Hey! I'm open to suggestions on where to park on my side of the state at the beach.

Oh yeah, I had totally forgotten about the Daytona part. 🤣  I hate gettin' old.

$3 an hour!!!  You need to move east.  Most of us locals here in Volusia County get a wonderful thing called a "beach driving pass" for $25 a year.  Drive the Can-Am Spyder right onto the beach and park it at a conservation pole.  Not finding much? Hop back on it and drive down the beach to a different spot. Sometimes Hubby and I make a day of it.  We start at Ormond and drive (on most of it) all the way down past Dunlawton looking for cuts and low places for me to hunt. 

Paradise, I tell ya!  Straight up Paradise! 😁

• Like 3