Legend Coil Weight Differences

DSMITH

this is for anyone that wants to know what each coil weigh's and to compare the weight of one coil against another Legend coil

LG15 - 381g - 13.43 oz
LG24 - 385g - 13.58 oz
LG28 - 565g - 19.93 oz
LG30 - 499g - 17.60 oz
LG35 - 751g - 24.49 oz

Interesting spread. Less than a pound difference, bottom to top and vice versa.

My question is -- and as a relative newbie -- I've only swung the stock coils on the Equinox and Legend (plus their 6" versions) and I wanted to get a feel as to how other folks experience coil weights differently.

It's a rare thing for me to get more than 2 hours for a detecting session, and, while I can certainly feel the difference between an 11" stock and 6" sniper, the weight differential and balance doesn't strike me as a big thing overall. (Granted, we're talking short hunts by a guy whose is in the 6'/250lb range.) 

Definitely can see how the coil weight would have an impact on longer sessions, but just curious to hear what others think. Thanks!

Well for me the 11 inch feels toe heavy, so I use the back up battery pack to act as a counter balance to compensate for the toe heaviness, the difference in weigh between the LG 28 and LG 30 is not much but in my opinion the LG30 will balance out just a little better than the LG28, and even though the weight difference is slight it will make a difference in the over all feel of the Legend in my opinion I have the LG24 on the way and will get the LG30 at a later date and most likely once I have both new coils they will be the ones that are mounted to my Legends all the time just because of the weight differences, personally I see no need for me to purchase the LG35 ever as the weight of it would be to much at my age to swing for vary long, and the areas I detect the LG15,LG24,and LG30 would be all I need 

The difference in wheight between the 24 and 28 is very significant. Don't forget you are swinging that wheight at the end of a 5 foot pole (sorry metric dude, I mean 1.5 meter).

4 hours ago, HerrUU said:

The difference in wheight between the 24 and 28 is very significant. Don't forget you are swinging that wheight at the end of a 5 foot pole (sorry metric dude, I mean 1.5 meter).

same with the difference between the LG28 and LG30, 2. some thing Ounces may not seem like a lot when held in your hand but add that, 2. some ounces to the weight at the end of a pole and it then becomes significant and noticeable, its amazing how the feel of a detector can change just by removing a little weight at the end of the shaft

I could not even imagine how that LG35 coil would feel to swing because it is a huge weight difference between the LG35 and all the other coils, I picked up a 14x8 inch coil for my 24K and the weight difference it added as compared to the stock coil and 6 inch round coil is huge

The LG 35 coil swings just fine if you shorten the overall shaft length an inch or so. It is a great performing coil.