Snacks For Detecting Or Gold Hunting

On 3/19/2023 at 11:28 PM, Reg Wilson said:

PS the correct spelling for the second application is....there, not their.

On 3/19/2023 at 5:47 AM, Reg Wilson said:

We have perhaps more that our share of idiots here.

Reg, did you mean to say , We have perhaps more than our share of idiots here, or do you just like to be the classroom spelling teacher?

Don't knock the can of fish until you tried it, as it does have a pretty good taste the way it is made.

Please don't take any offense to this correction, but I just wanted it to be fair.

• Like 2

On 3/19/2023 at 9:28 PM, Goldseeker5000 said:

Mackerel stays in my ATV bag every time I'm out detecting. They taste great and it gives me plenty of energy. Better than vegetarian, pasta or rice. Sometimes Spiced Rum and Coke for a celebration swig when I pop a nice nugget out of the ground.

I forgot about the canned fish in the SUV, I should really change it out as it has been there a few years.

I think the moonshine only gets better with age, so I will keep it where it is.

• Haha 2

Valens Legacy, I was referring to idiots in Australia and not on this forum. Except for the odd spelling or grammar stumble most folk here seem to be fairly rational and level headed, certainly more so than other sites I could mention.

If you keep your moonshine in glass it will not improve with age. Wine will improve with age in glass until it reaches it's peak in quality and then go into decline. Whiskey will only age in wood.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reg Wilson said:

If you keep your moonshine in glass it will not improve with age. Wine will improve with age in glass until it reaches it's peak in quality and then go into decline. Whiskey will only age in wood.

Thanks for that information, when grandfather was around he never taught me that. It wasn't around that long when he made it so it was always fresh.

Yes I know that even the best of us make spelling mistakes from time to time and just thought it was funny when you pointed it out with Goldseeker. I wasn't trying to upset you with what I said, only to joke around with you.

• Like 4