Nokta Gold Kruzer And Hot Rocks

Hello everyone, I'm wondering if any one has advice on the title topic. One of my sniping partners and myself want to go to the mainland this winter for a detecting trip, and to get a break from our Tasmanian winter. We are at loggerheads as to the location, the Kruzer is his first detector and the couple of times we've detected together hot rocks were so bad that I even had to notch disc. my Nox 800. He wants to go to Victoria to a location that a youtuber has success with his Kruzer, it's pipeclay with very little mineralization. I don't want to be limited to one area in Victoria and camping in an area that has an average maximum of 11 degrees c [ 51f ] and 14 rain days for August, is hardly a break from winter in my opinion. I've suggested Tibooburra as from what I've heard VLF's do okay there, although there are some areas that do have ironstone, generally the mineralization is not too bad, plus the weather will be much better, average maximum of 21 degrees c [70f] and 1.8 rain days for the month. I have suggested that as a last resort if his Kruzer, turns out to be unusable then he can use my spare, an Xterra 705. He remains unconvinced about the location and the capabilities of my Xterra. Any comments on all of the above would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, John.

Though I only have the Gold Racer and don't do any prospecting the 2 machines have iMask that does help with hot rocks.

Running in All Metal if you hit a negative hot rock you will have a bouncy signal like a reverse roll. You will see ID's peak in high 90's that wrap. I simply GB on that high point then when past the rock will GB again.

I would try All metal mode without tracking to start. If the machines really jumpy then drop the gain down a little. Get a lot of spikes in iron range use disc mode and use imask as last resort if hot rocks are too bad.

Not sure if that helps.

HH

32 minutes ago, kac said:

Though I only have the Gold Racer and don't do any prospecting the 2 machines have iMask that does help with hot rocks.

Running in All Metal if you hit a negative hot rock you will have a bouncy signal like a reverse roll. You will see ID's peak in high 90's that wrap. I simply GB on that high point then when past the rock will GB again.

I would try All metal mode without tracking to start. If the machines really jumpy then drop the gain down a little. Get a lot of spikes in iron range use disc mode and use imask as last resort if hot rocks are too bad.

Not sure if that helps.

HH

Yes, that helps, thanks for taking the time to reply