11x13 Coil Issue? Question For Those That Have One.

Ok I have a d2 11x13 coil and this is the first XP Deus coil I've ever owned that doesn't have that hour glass shaped hole for the wedge piece to slide into. Mine is a perfectly round hole and my bolt never stays tight, it loosens constantly.  My other XP coils never became loose .  Is my coil defective?  Or is this normal?  Every pic incan find online has the usual hour glass shaped hole on the one side for that wedge just like in one of the pics I shared.  Can you guys that have one please give me some feedback on what your coil has?   Thanks.  

20230409_191421.jpg

Screenshot_20230409_191547_Photos.jpg

2 hours ago, basstrackerman said:

Can you guys that have one please give me some feedback on what your coil has?   Thanks. 

I have the same hole in mine and the same problem, I've popped two bolts so far trying to keep it tight. This is with the SteveG shaft, I don't use it on the standard one. It stays on for a while but then... Pop. 😀 Needless to say I keep extras with me.

1 hour ago, basstrackerman said:

Mine is a perfectly round hole and my bolt never stays tight, it loosens constantly

12 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

It stays on for a while but then... Pop.

I will be getting a 11x13 coil soon. I plan on getting a longer plastic bolt and tossing that wing nut thing and putting double nuts on to tighten. Double nuts NEVER loosen.  

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

I have the same hole in mine and the same problem, I've popped two bolts so far trying to keep it tight. This is with the SteveG shaft, I don't use it on the standard one. It stays on for a while but then... Pop. 😀 Needless to say I guess I keep extras with me.

Well that stinks. I slid that white nylon washer in there so the picture would show how round the hole was. This is the first XP coil I've ever owned that is like this. I send a text to my dealer to see what he thinks so I know what to do. But I don't think this is right I think these have to be defective. I can't imagine XP making a perfectly round circle when they use that wedge knowing if the coil pivots that wedge is going to pivot with the coil and the wind nut has a little rubber washer built onto it so it's going to grip that wedge and that wedge is going to turn that wing nut and loosen it every single time the coil moves.

same thing, round for me. i noticed that the lower rod they send with the 13" coil says CF which i think means its carbon fiber infused. it is stronger than the lower rod that came with the 9" coil.

are you using the stock rod? or the nokta carbon? i have yet to have any issues with either of the lower rods (stock and nokta). if yours is loosening with the nokta one maybe you need to add/modify something to give the spacer more/even pressure

• Like 2