Quick Question High Conducter Setting

Have noted on my Manticore that when switching to the high conductor mode that there is a noticeable high pitch hum coming from the control box  ! Has anyone else noticed this on their machine ?. Apologies if this has already been answered, I know the setting is a high power mode so it may be the norm just curious if my machine is behaving normally.

• The title was changed to Quick Question High Conducter Setting

3 hours ago, TripleT said:

Are you hearing the threshold setting? 

3 hours ago, TripleT said:

Are you hearing the threshold setting?

No the threshold level is set to zero ? It's very faint and stops when you change the mode. Head phones switched off and volume at 1 you can still hear it from the control box. I don't think it's an issue and it's probably because it's running hot. I've doubled checked all the settings. Just curious if anyone else has noticed it. 

Its like a faint electronics humming sound with different pitch when changing the mode.. I checked it when you brought it up.. but the control box really need to be close to the ear to hear it.. I think it has something to do with frequencies change when in different mode I guess...

6 hours ago, fishersari said:

Its like a faint electronics humming sound with different pitch when changing the mode.. I checked it when you brought it up.. but the control box really need to be close to the ear to hear it.. I think it has something to do with frequencies change when in different mode I guess...

I can hear it about  a metre away and can very faintly hear when wearing the headphones indoors. Out in the wild never hear it I would think. had the machine 2 days and was playing with the mode settings. Thx for reply puts my mind at rest. 

You can also hear high pitched singing from the coil if you put your ear near it. I recall hearing the same from other detectors’ coils too. I try not to get the coil too close to my head though I worry that it’s not good for the brain, lol!

Ringtail