Questions About Gold Acid Tests And A Diamond Tester

Diamond or Moissanite? This is helpful:

Moissanite vs Diamond - How To Identify Moissanite From Diamonds (abluediamond.com)

Then I found this gem tester that claims to identify moissanite. That sounded promising, until I noticed that diamonds and moissanite are in the same area on the meter 😆.

Amazon.com: Presidium Instruments Gem Tester II (PGT II) with Assisted Thermal Calibration (ATC) for Identifying Diamonds/Moissanites and Common Colored Gemstones : Industrial & Scientific

A couple months ago I posted here a thread about my 22k chain I found and the experience I went through with testing and selling it. Including the $30k handheld machine to test it. Fakes over the last 2 years have been showing up exceptionally well made. Very heavy plating that will fool the pros. Heavy fake gold plated rings are usually brass. I recently found a very heavy 18k stamped chain. My acid test showed it good. Jeweler really dug into it on his test stone. His 18k acid revealed a blueish color. Meaning it was silver underneath. Acid kits need to be replaced at the latest , every 6 months for accuracy. For diamonds , my guy will give them to me for free. That should tell you something.  They really need to be a third carat or larger to be worth something , preferably 3/4 and up. Points and chips , good luck.