New Cut Breathes Life Back Into Metal Detecting

1 hour ago, Bill (S. CA) said:

Great post and it looks like you had fun.  Isn't it amazing how the beach can love you and then break your heart the next day?  Or vice versa?  Hitting a cut like that after finding sanded in conditions is major good luck.  Here in S. CA it seems like the entire coast is sanded in right now.  Everyone is fighting over zinc pennies it is so bad!

Bill

And here I thought you guys weren't sanded in! My location is central valley and it's still sanded in here for the most part. It takes a lot of searching around to hit the jackpot!

1 hour ago, Sirius said:

And here I thought you guys weren't sanded in! My location is central valley and it's still sanded in here for the most part. It takes a lot of searching around to hit the jackpot!

That and the fact that there are so many more guys hunting and everyone has multi-frequency detectors.  Where years ago we used to be able to always pick up some coins here and there that has really changed.  The lowest tech I ever see at the beach anymore is an Equinox.  Deus II's have really taken over out here.  I've seen one PI in the last two years, same guy using an old White's Surfmaster and he swears it will beat anything.  Funny thing is he never has anything to show but who knows, right?  I'd rather be lucky than good when it comes to beach hunting!

1 minute ago, Bill (S. CA) said:

That and the fact that there are so many more guys hunting and everyone has multi-frequency detectors.  Where years ago we used to be able to always pick up some coins here and there that has really changed.  The lowest tech I ever see at the beach anymore is an Equinox.  Deus II's have really taken over out here.  I've seen one PI in the last two years, same guy using an old White's Surfmaster and he swears it will beat anything.  Funny thing is he never has anything to show but who knows, right?  I'd rather be lucky than good when it comes to beach hunting!

You'd also have to keep your hunting locations secret until it gives up all of it's treasures! Some places are less hunted than others and there's probably a number of reasons why, but ultimately it all depends on where the ocean starts depositing stuff. Even if a cut exists, it never guarantees finds from my experience.
Most people don't have the time or energy to scout out multiple beaches, but I think it's important to do so. Moving quickly from one beach to another if the targets are slim to none, is probably the best plan. 
If you do end up finding coin lines/ cuts with alot of targets, it's probably best to clean out the location and mark it for next time. The ocean will always keep washing stuff in. Even if you go back the next day you're sure to find stuff unless the ocean washes in sand instead of treasures!

7 hours ago, Bill (S. CA) said:

Hey , hey , hey ! Well I still do pretty good with my "old" whites. I do post some finds. But ya gotta remember. Not everyone shows or even talks about all their finds. Myself included. Only seen a few D2 users out , but I think there are probably a few more.