Hi From Stuart Smoky Walsh

Golden_Smoky

I live in Tuncurry New South Wales, mid north coast of NSW. I have been prospecting for a number of years and am continuing that till I can't walk or lift the detector anymore. 

I own a Minelab 4500 and 5 coils of different sizes and shapes. Also have one battery driven sluice and two water sluices as NSW for some stupid reason banned power sluices in all NSW rivers. 

Welcome to the forum and glad to have you here, since you can't use a powered sluice, maybe you can make a wind up type to pump some water for you. Just a thought and if they can make a clock to be wind up just maybe it could be done with a small pump.

Welcome from East Texas.

Welcome Stuart!  Plenty of Aussies here who are likely more familiar with the area you prospect, so maybe some of them can offer a more educated welcome.  With a well-equipped GPX4500, though, you likely didn't just fall off the novice detecting turnip truck, so when you get time, tell us about your exploits.

On 4/29/2023 at 4:44 PM, Valens Legacy said:

Welcome to the forum and glad to have you here, since you can't use a powered sluice, maybe you can make a wind up type to pump some water for you. Just a thought and if they can make a clock to be wind up just maybe it could be done with a small pump.

No pump of any kind or automated contraption is allowed in the state I live in, the Greenie's just do not know what they are talking about when the say powered sluices are the cause of river bank erosion, heck, floods and people digging in the banks are the cause, not those of us on the edges looking for the yellow stuff. 

On 4/30/2023 at 3:50 AM, GB_Amateur said:

Welcome Stuart!  Plenty of Aussies here who are likely more familiar with the area you prospect, so maybe some of them can offer a more educated welcome.  With a well-equipped GPX4500, though, you likely didn't just fall off the novice detecting turnip truck, so when you get time, tell us about your exploits.

I'll definitely let you know of any of my exploits over the next few years, especially those that produce a bit of yellow.