Ver 1.0, 1.1, 2.0 Update Consolidated Information - Post Your Unbiased Impressions And Observations Here

On 1/2/2024 at 7:18 AM, Mark T said:

Has anyone noticed any depth loss with 2.0 compared with previous versions?

I haven't noticed any depth loss after updating from V1.1 to V2.0.

Similar to Daniel Tn, my experience with Deus 2 through all of the software updates has been that Deus 2 is now a much better detector than it was running even V.71 especially in the soil conditions around here. Better sensitivity (especially with the improvements to Goldfield), better overall depth, handles tough ground conditions even better than before, still super fast and remarkably target ID stable.

This time last year I was wondering if I would keep Deus 2. Now a year later and a few software updates later......it's a keeper.

• Like 9

• 4 weeks later...

On 1/2/2024 at 2:18 PM, Mark T said:

Has anyone noticed any depth loss with 2.0 compared with previous versions?

No actually the complete opposite, I’ve found v2.0 the deepest of all versions.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

There  is a guy over on Friendly Forum that is reporting a loss of pinpoint volume level between V1.1 (1.0) and V2.0. He made a video of Beach Sensitive that purports to show a lower volume level for the pinpoint function in V2.0 using the remote with speaker volume on maximum and comparing it to V1.1 Beach Sensitive pinpoint function using the remote with speaker volume on maximum. He claims he was using default Beach sensitive from fresh downloads and that he maxed the speaker volume. His testing technique is totally wrong=waving a coin over a stationary 13X11" coil really fast with no standardized height for his fast coins swings. Also, the maxed volume for each software version test sounds really different to me. V1.1 speaker output sounds a lot louder than V2.0 even before the pinpoint test. Maybe that is my imagination.

https://metaldetectingforum.com/index.php?threads/deus-2-pinpoint.306275/

I have not noticed a pinpoint volume difference between the two software versions. I know there was an issue with the pinpoint function on the initial V2.0 WS6 Master software.

People commenting about how this is no big deal/irrelevant because they don't use the pinpoint function or use the coil pull back method is not helpful for this issue. Some people actually have to use the onboard pinpoint function for several legitimate reasons.

If anyone has two remotes with one having V1.1 and one having V2.0 software, could you at least check Beach Sensitive's pinpoint volume on a stationary common coin target  and use some kind of block about 2" high near the coin as a guide so that coil height will stay the same when pinpointing using the different software versions? Make sure the master volume level for speaker or headphones is the same for both software version tests.

thanks

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

There  is a guy over on Friendly Forum that is reporting a loss of pinpoint volume level between V1.1 (1.0) and V2.0.

I noticed this and mentioned it a while back, I've read other posts that also mention it. I've also noticed the clock being wrong now more than ever.

I'll see what I can do, both my remotes are back at V2 but I don't have a lot of programs so I guess I could take a step back again on one to verify this. That is the advantage of having two.

I'm another one that doesn't use pinpoint much if at all, so it hasn't mattered much. I do use the clock a lot. 

• Like 1

I’ve noticed a definite reduction in pinpoint volume with version 2.0.  I hope this can be corrected in subsequent updates

• Like 1

I have not checked the pinpoint vol. as I seldom use it. But the time keeping is really bad and I have a real need for that to work. I don't wear any jewelry when detecting, (one would wonder why) 🫤

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DWerk said:

I have not checked the pinpoint vol. as I seldom use it. But the time keeping is really bad and I have a real need for that to work. I don't wear any jewelry when detecting, (one would wonder why) 🫤

There is something that blows the clock up, some procedure or menu selection. I can have it go for a long time with no problem, and suddenly it's wrong. It's got to be a programming glitch and will be hard to "pinpoint" 😏

• 2 weeks later...

I have never had the clock appear at any setting that appeared Large if that is what you mean by blown up. My problem with the clock on Ver 2 is that it no longer keeps proper time...

• Like 1

Just now, DWerk said:

I have never had the clock appear at any setting that appeared Large if that is what you mean by blown up. My problem with the clock on Ver 2 is that it no longer keeps proper time...

No I'm saying a function or selection or unknown set of key presses makes the clock inaccurate. Most times it's fine for me, especially if I'm using only one program, then it's not. "Blown up" is kind of a programming thing 😀

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I am still having very low vol when in pinpoint when on speaker. Seems to be ok on ws6 attached to my headphones. Time still a problem.. Working on it, trying to reset time, remember to recheck when I do any changes,

• Like 2