Manticore Update

Those that have had a chance to use the Manticore with the update for it that Minelab just came out with.----What difference(s) do you see with it in actual use/hunts?----Is this new update providing more stable running/more accurate TID (less bounce)?----Any other info as to the actual use of the new update would be much appreciated.

I was all geared up yesterday. Manticore and headphones fully charged, equipment loaded in car, and new software loaded up to test!  I knew the sky looked ominous, but tried to beat it. If you did not hear, I-95 collapsed due to a fuel tanker fire. By the time I got to my park, the sky opened up and we had a tornado warning in effect.  I tried to wait it out but headed home to detect another day. 

1 hour ago, AhNibblet said:

I was all geared up yesterday. Manticore and headphones fully charged, equipment loaded in car, and new software loaded up to test!  I knew the sky looked ominous, but tried to beat it. If you did not hear, I-95 collapsed due to a fuel tanker fire. By the time I got to my park, the sky opened up and we had a tornado warning in effect.  I tried to wait it out but headed home to detect another day. 

You sure did your best to give it a try.----Interested to hear your report (and others) that get some swing time with the new update.

Very preliminary results, but I wanted to wait until I had a couple of days to mess around before saying much. 

Beach mode is still giving me the best most accurate Target ID's on coins in mild park type soils, unsure why but it's almost as stable as the Nox even with the expanded range of ID's so technically I guess you could say more stable.  I'm thinking I might just set beach mode as a favourite search mode and assign it to a front softkey and check targets using it to get the better ID's for checking targets and hunt in All Terrain High Conductors seeing I'm primarily after silver.

All Terrain modes have improved for me when it comes to ID stability, I seem to need to use Recovery 4 or lower for best results on my deepish coins when it comes to ID accuracy.

All in all I'm quite happy, I guess I was spoilt by the Vanquish which for such a cheap detector gives me incredibly good ID's, the smaller ID range helps with that but it's not just that, it's just really accurate in my mild soil on my coins.

The Manticore in a way makes up for its less accurate ID's by giving more information, a bit like the CTX in that way although it's my most accurate detector to date along with the extra information.

As for gold prospecting sensitivity, I think they possibly have improved small gold performance, it seems in some testing between the Nox 800 and 11" coil and the Manticore and 11" coil performance has evened out, prior to the update the Nox I thought was significantly better, now I can't overly tell the difference.  It will be nice to get a smaller coil to give it a better comparison, a shame it's not getting the 6" coil though.  It's a great little coil.