First Nugget With The Trashcan Lid🤣

I went up to my claim yesterday and hunted a sloping meadow with my Gpx5000 and the 25" NF DDX coil and dug a few iron trash targets and then I got a signal that was the best signal of the day. I scraped a layer back and it got a little better sounding. What popped out was a 1.06 gram nugget, to my surprise. This was the first nugget I have found with this coil since I bought it in 2021 from Rob. I got it on video so that will be coming in a few weeks. When I got to my claim I realized I had left my bungee cord on another shaft with my 15" Evo. I had to swing that 3 lb. Coil on a sloped terrain without it. Not fun. Wore me out quicker. Also check out my new video A Good Day Detecting! - Wages met! 

IMG_20230620_145832562_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230620_145857095_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230620_170333540_HDR.jpg

That's the bonus of small coils, my nuggets look bigger sitting on them, that one gram is a good size nugget for me but looks tiny on that coil 🙂

You'd have to have very specific needs to use a DD coil that big.

We have had lots of 1, 2 and 2 1/4 ounce nuggets come off one claim and the other claim has given up a 6 1/2 ounce solid gold nugget, so yes this coil has a purpose on my claims. It is also to seek out new deposits on our claims since it can punch so deep. 

Nice finds and hope you find a lot more of them.

Good luck and good hunting.