What Version Do You Like .71, 1.0 Or 1.1 And Why??

bigtim1973

Got my WS6 master today. I went and turned it on and it is already on version 1.01

So that saved a lot of hassle right off of the bat!!

I went through some of the settings and now I see I can have tone breaks in different segments in the full tone option!

That's wild as it is something I never thought about before.

Also I see where I can adjust the highest freq as well in the SMF programs!

Now that in itself is on a different level of Technology if you ask me.You can make one for old coins aside from the Deep HC and also for mid conductors like brass and lead for relic hunting. Very interesting indeed!!

Thank you all for all of your expert advice. This is the best forum online to seek out this sort of advice!!

On 7/18/2023 at 11:19 AM, UKD2User said:

1.10 - they (seem to) have fixed the clock !!  😁

NOT my clock!

I did like General program in previous versions. It used to deal with wet ground better than other programs and it also found modern coins with iron core. V1.1 General seems quite unstable on wet ground. It also hides modern coins.

So I switched to Sensitive FT. I played with Square tones for some time, but I don't see any real advantage => I'm back to default PWM. I will stay with v1.1 because of "stronger" Audio response configuration. Something, they've probably changed from version .51 to .6.

On 7/17/2023 at 7:16 PM, Rattlehead said:

.71. I like the way TID is normalized between programs better. I’m very familiar with it, and it’s been working well for me. 

Hey Rattlehead. I really like your SS program. I have 2 questions------what does a gold ring come up on the SS program and do you like V 7.1 on relics?

1 hour ago, cookie58 said:

Hey Rattlehead. I really like your SS program. I have 2 questions------what does a gold ring come up on the SS program and do you like V 7.1 on relics?

Hey cookie58. Glad you like it.

With the exception of the random gold ring that falls into the nickel notch, you’ll miss most gold rings using SS. It’s intended for targeting high conductors like silver coins, silver jewelry and big coppers. You can easily modify the notches to accept a wider range of targets. The TID range for gold rings is going to be pretty wide. They can come in all over the place, depending on size and kt. I usually accept from 40 on up when looking for gold jewelry, but it can read below that range too. It’s a trade off. Just depends on how much foil and aluminum junk you’re willing to dig.

I do like .71 for both coins and relics. 

21 hours ago, Rattlehead said:

Hey cookie58. Glad you like it.

With the exception of the random gold ring that falls into the nickel notch, you’ll miss most gold rings using SS. It’s intended for targeting high conductors like silver coins, silver jewelry and big coppers. You can easily modify the notches to accept a wider range of targets. The TID range for gold rings is going to be pretty wide. They can come in all over the place, depending on size and kt. I usually accept from 40 on up when looking for gold jewelry, but it can read below that range too. It’s a trade off. Just depends on how much foil and aluminum junk you’re willing to dig.

I do like .71 for both coins and relics. 

Thanks for answering Rattlehead. You cannot beat the SS program for silver. Thank you for giving us that one. I found 4 silvers last week. I wish we had one for gold rings that was that productive. Do you use program 7, I think that's the number, anyway it is the Relic Program for relics? I appreciate you man and always enjoyed your videos.

39 minutes ago, cookie58 said:

Thanks for answering Rattlehead. You cannot beat the SS program for silver. Thank you for giving us that one. I found 4 silvers last week. I wish we had one for gold rings that was that productive. Do you use program 7, I think that's the number, anyway it is the Relic Program for relics? I appreciate you man and always enjoyed your videos.

Thanks brother. I mostly use Fast and Deep HC. Those two cover most of the types of targets I look for. I do have a program based off of General and one on Park, but rarely use them.

A four silver week is always nice!

3 hours ago, Rattlehead said:

Thanks brother. I mostly use Fast and Deep HC. Those two cover most of the types of targets I look for. I do have a program based off of General and one on Park, but rarely use them.

A four silver week is always nice!

Yes Sir sure was. Thanks man.