What Version Do You Like .71, 1.0 Or 1.1 And Why??

bigtim1973

What version are you guys swinging now?

So I haven't used a deus 2 for a bit. Have a new ws6 set up coming in this week. 

With that said I used the ws6 as a master set up with the wsa2 backphones with the puck on the stem before XP offered it as a package. That was all I used for my main Deus 2 set up anyway.

With that said I did download the .71 version for the larger TID number on the puck. 

My go to program was 4, zero notch or BC settings, full tones and square audio. 

I had planned on sticking with that same .71 firmware but wanted to pick the brains of some of you who may know the benefits other than what the b.s. "3D" iron and coin test video that sparked so much interest from certain ones that should not have so much influence to the manufacturer's. 

Thanks in advanced!!

I've been running 1.1 for a while now at a bunch of my sites. I really can't give you any specifics of why I like it over .71, but I sure have been finding a lot of stuff. Since there's nothing that stands out as an issue with version 1.1 I have just stayed with it. Right now programs based off General seem to be the best for the relic sites I'm hunting. Still like PWM audio the best. Stable ID at depth is the big plus on the D2 IMO. It's clearly got the Equinox and Manticore beat in that department.

Personally, I like V1.10 over V0.71, and I really liked V0.71. The main reasons for me are the new features:

High Sqr audio is kind of a mix of PWM and Square audio which gives me the best of both worlds IMHO and really has to be heard to be appreciated.

Adjustable Max High Frequency setting (14kHz, 24kHz, or 40kHz) for all the programs adds another two more dimensions to each FMF program by changing the relationships between the high and low frequencies and bandwidth used in each. It gives you even more control over difficult ground and can help focus your search patterns for specific targets.

Full Tones has beeen greatly improved (again in my opinion) and now has an adjustable FT Offset to change the break zone between ferrous and non-ferrous targets. This can improve the way deep targets, as well as low & mid-conductor targets sound.

FE TID now allows you to show or hide ferrous ID numbers.

All adjustable tone breaks in 2, 3, 4, 5, and even Full Tones have adjustable volume settings for each break so you can set how loud or soft you want specific target tone groups to sound.

I'm sure I left out something, but V1.1 gives you so much more control to an already great platform. I don't feel like I'm missing anything that V0.71 would have found, and quite possibly I'm finding more with V1.1. 😏

2 hours ago, bigtim1973 said:

What version are you guys swinging now?

So I haven't used a deus 2 for a bit. Have a new ws6 set up coming in this week. 

With that said I used the ws6 as a master set up with the wsa2 backphones with the puck on the stem before XP offered it as a package. That was all I used for my main Deus 2 set up anyway.

With that said I did download the .71 version for the larger TID number on the puck. 

My go to program was 4, zero notch or BC settings, full tones and square audio. 

I had planned on sticking with that same .71 firmware but wanted to pick the brains of some of you who may know the benefits other than what the b.s. "3D" iron and coin test video that sparked so much interest from certain ones that should not have so much influence to the manufacturer's. 

Thanks in advanced!!

Since you are going with just the WS6 as Master setup, in my opinion the answer to this question is basically automatic. You have to go with 1.10 simply to get all of the great features for the WS6 that were left out of every software version before it including 0.71. Adding things like 3 notches, big numbers, tracking ground balance along with the features the Captain mentioned above make running version 1.10 for the WS6 as Master a total no brainer in my opinion. 

Thanks for all of the great responses. I appreciate everyone's input. 

I may try that 1.0 as it seems from to allow that few more tweaks and pluses to the audio response of targets before they are dug. I also like the idea of the break point between where ferrous and non ferrous targets begin. As  i have dug small lead bullets from the buck and ball civil war era previously near the bottom end of the ferrous spectrum. 

Thanks again for everyone's great response. Exactly what I was looking for!! 

V1.1 for me. High Square Audio is working great especially on the beach I'm hunting this week. I'm hitting quarters and dimes with the same ID as they are shallow at 10-12". Nickels stand out as nickels. My coin to trash ratio is insane. Started using tracking GB and the machine runs pretty quiet.

I really liked V0.71 for relic hunting, can't wait to get back in the fields and create a solid new Relic program with what I'm learning from the new settings. I'm willing to move forward.

17 hours ago, bigtim1973 said:

Thanks for all of the great responses. I appreciate everyone's input. 

I may try that 1.0 as it seems from to allow that few more tweaks and pluses to the audio response of targets before they are dug. I also like the idea of the break point between where ferrous and non ferrous targets begin. As  i have dug small lead bullets from the buck and ball civil war era previously near the bottom end of the ferrous spectrum. 

Thanks again for everyone's great response. Exactly what I was looking for!! 

I'd recommend V1.1 over 1.0. V1.0 was kind of a loose cannon of an update and V1.1 corrected those problems.

Ok then.....it will be 1.1

I may just try it for a while as a lite set up without the pod on the stem and see what happens. 

That was the fun thing about tesoro units....it beeped and you just never knew what you were gonna pull up. 

But with a full tone option it does have an advantage over single tone