Best D2 Accessory?

damatman88

What is the best D2 accessory you have bought that did not come with the detector and why? This can be XP brand or other. I'll start: the 1/8" headphone jack that attaches to the WSA6 or WSAII. It keeps the detector wireless and allows you to use headphones that are cool in the Summer.

Without question, it was Steve Goss’ carbon fiber detector rod for the D2.  Light years better than the stock rod in every way. 

32 minutes ago, ColonelDan said:

Without question, it was Steve Goss’ carbon fiber detector rod for the D2.  Light years better than the stock rod in every way. 

Yeah Colonel, I have thought about getting that as well. Bought his rod for the Nox and it is nice. Great guy to deal with as well!

Without a doubt, for me it is the 11x13" coil. Love the coverage and separation of an elliptical, no matter how large.

I just spent a week on the beach in 92 degree and 80% humidity weather using the WSA-II headphones, I had no problem other than surf noise but situational awareness is important to me.

I have the SteveG shaft and it is excellent. 👍 Makes swinging the 13" an ocean breeze. 😀 

I give an honorable mention to the MI-6.

In this order:

1) Coil Balancer. I printed this myself but you can buy them.

2) Stand. Printed this one as well, but these can be bought too.

3) DetectED Carbon Fiber lower shaft.

4) Detecting DooDads charging clip. His shipping times are VERY slow, but the product is worth the wait IMHO.

4 hours ago, ColonelDan said:

Is there an advantage over with Steves carbon fiber shaft (over the stock shaft) when using the D2 with 9" & 11" coils (land hunting)?----Or is Steves shaft mainly for use with the big coil?

I bought a few lanyards for the remote. I didn’t trust the one that came with it. 

4E27BD41-D424-4B86-B74B-1AEADFEE263E.jpeg

I have to go with:

1a. WSA-II backphones. I bought them for the extra light puck to make my wired earbuds wireless and use the WS6 for a Master rig.

1b. The 1/8" Audio adapter for the WS6/WSA modules to plug in my favorite wired headphones. 

2. MI-6 Pinpointer. Perfect for me. I don't have to remove my headphones to hear the pinpointer and it is punching as deep as my F-Pulse does. It can be completely adjusted by the D2 Remote and even store my favorite setting.

3. Carbon Fiber lower shaft for the stock D2 shaft. I got a CF Simplex shaft for cheap and modded the part that fits into the coil a bit and it works perfectly. Very rigid, lightweight, and strong.

4. Steve's CF D2 full shaft. It's a thing of beauty. I'm saving it for the beaches because I don't want to rip it up in sage brush, cactus, and rattlesnake filled relic sites I hunt in.

5. The MI-7 Pinpointer, that will discriminate between ferrous and non-ferrous targets, but I don't think it is available yet. 😏 

6. The 10x5" FMF coil. This would be #1, but it doesn't exist either... yet! 😉

1 hour ago, D&P-OR said:

Is there an advantage over with Steves carbon fiber shaft (over the stock shaft) when using the D2 with 9" & 11" coils (land hunting)?----Or is Steves shaft mainly for use with the big coil?

Big advantage using Steve’s coil regardless of the coil used.  It’s a superior product in every way….no flex, ergonomics, locking mechanism, you can insert the antenna within the shaft if you desire, carbon fiber throughout and extremely lightweight.  

2 hours ago, D&P-OR said:

The advantage is universal with any coil. It's extremely rigid, even more comfortable than the XP shaft (if that is possible), it's a bit longer for us taller folks, and it has by far the best retaining rig for the remote I've seen. The cuff is beyond good as well.