Another Last Minute Save

I don't know about you guys but,  more often than not, my better finds seem to be near the end of my hunts rather than at the beginning. During my most recent hunt I had only found 3 zinc pennies and not much else during the first 2 hours of lugging my TDI BH around.

Adding insult to injury I was, politely, told that I had to leave this particular beach by the beach patrol (3am) . However, the officer was very cool about it and even hinted of some nearby beach locations that he did not check on. I continued the hunt at one of these other areas and still not finding much until I heard a promising target about mid slope in the wet sand. I kicked the target out and saw a small glimmering arc in the moonlight which I first thought was an earring. When I picked the target up I realized that it was a ring that felt smooth and heavy enough to be gold and when I got home I was able to verify that it was 10k.                     

I don't live that close to the beach so it's always nice to find enough to cover gas money. For a while it didn't look like it was going to happen this time but you just never know what the next target will be.

IMG_20230831_090943__01.jpg

IMG_20230831_095535__01.jpg

Good work, sometimes you just have to keep your head down until you find what you are after. 🤩 

Nice looking ring. I'll bet it's got some good weight to it too! I remember going to a beach once and the first target I dug was a 14K ring. It thought... oh boy here we go! 3 hours later I had 1 penny, a little junk and that gold ring. Ya never know.

That thing hurts my eyes 😄 Beauty of a ring. I find the same thing, that I usually hit a lot of good targets towards the end of the hunt. By that time, I'm too tired and already dreading the 2 hour trip home to continue hunting. When I return the next time, all of that area is different, probably sanded in. You have to keep taking what you can while the beach lets you.

2 hours ago, Hardtimehermit said:

Good work, sometimes you just have to keep your head down until you find what you are after. 🤩 

Thanks, Sometimes I can almost feel that I'm getting closer to the gold - this was NOT one of those times. 😄

2 hours ago, okara gold said:

Nice looking ring. I'll bet it's got some good weight to it too! I remember going to a beach once and the first target I dug was a 14K ring. It thought... oh boy here we go! 3 hours later I had 1 penny, a little junk and that gold ring. Ya never know.

Thanks o.g., The insides of the soldered together rings are hollowed out so they are not as heavy as they look - 3.7 grams total. The ring is also very small - between size 4 and 5.

1 hour ago, schoolofhardNox said:

That thing hurts my eyes 😄 Beauty of a ring. I find the same thing, that I usually hit a lot of good targets towards the end of the hunt. By that time, I'm too tired and already dreading the 2 hour trip home to continue hunting. When I return the next time, all of that area is different, probably sanded in. You have to keep taking what you can while the beach lets you.

Thanks school, I couldn't agree more with this: "You have to keep taking what you can while the beach lets you." When the heavy targets start making an appearance, that is the time to hit it hard. 🙂

Thank you midalake, Not the most valuable ring but pretty eye-catching and fun to find.