I Got A 15x12 Manticore Coil!

TTT2866

Pretty excited, I might even have one of the first Manticore 15x12's in Australia. 

Would anyone like any particular tests done on it? Happy to post on this thread with performance updates if anyone wants to know anything particular about it. Seems like there hasn't been much posted about it online. 

I think on Sunday I'll sneak out and do a video testing it between the Eqx 11 and 15, and the Manticore 11" coils. 

Look forward to seeing your video.

Great you were able to get one, hopefully that means the flow of them isn't too far off.

7 hours ago, TTT2866 said:

Pretty excited, I might even have one of the first Manticore 15x12's in Australia. 

Would anyone like any particular tests done on it? Happy to post on this thread with performance updates if anyone wants to know anything particular about it. Seems like there hasn't been much posted about it online. 

I think on Sunday I'll sneak out and do a video testing it between the Eqx 11 and 15, and the Manticore 11" coils. 

Would love to see an air test between the stock 11 and the 12x15. Thanks in advance.

Could you weigh the stock 11" and weigh the 15"? I'm interested in how much heavier it is. I'm hoping not much because it doesn't have the built up bracing that the 11" has. Thanks.

Well... 

I did some basic tests down at the beach and between the 15x12 Manticore and 15x12 Equinox, the depth is pretty much on-par.

If anything, using default stock settings the Equinox seems to be a bit clearer at depth even after adjusting recovery speeds etc on both machines.

If you really open the top discrimination on the manticore, sure it goes a tiny tiny bit deeper but you're definitely going to dig a bit more junk doing that, and it got to a point where I would only have dug the target if I knew it was there beforehand.

I think it really has to be tested over old ground that the Eqx has gone over. At 1ft on dry sand, both detectors picked up a large silver ring BARELY by using beach-2 and beach gen/Surf modes on both machines. Testing on gold rings shows minimal depth difference, if any. 

at 1.5ft neither machines picked up the large silver ring, which is kind of to be expected. For some reason, I was expecting a lot more depth on the 15x12 though. 

In terms of weight: 

11" manticore coil: approx 530 grams. ( I have a heavy duty skidplate though - not stock, this might add a little bit)

11" Eqx : 512 grams.

15x12 Eqx: 592 grams

15x12 Manticore: 407 gram with the shelf packaging. Probably 400 grams without packaging. 

Overall, I like it for the ground coverage but it doesn't really give any depth advantage over the Equinox 15x12. I forgot to test it against the 11" but as per my recent instagram post, last time I used the 11" at the paddock, I was finding tokens 13-14" deep easily. 

I didn't get around to doing a full sensitivity test or test it within iron infested areas. I think it will perform better than the EQX there at depth. My preference is still the manticore despite the coil depth differences, I still believe it's a superior machine. This test is in no way discouraging anyone to get one of these coils or machines, but don't get your hopes up as much as I did thinking you'll get far more depth. 

I don't know a lot about frequencies, but I'm guessing since it uses virtually the same as the Equinox, it's going to have the same depth? 

Dunno. Lets see how we go on the paddock in a couple of weeks. We've absolutely hammered it with 800s, the deus 2, and the manticore. If I can get any more tokens out of it with the 15x12, I'll be impressed. 

Cheers. 

Thanks for that, once again more affirmation the CTX is still the top of the line in many scenarios.

47 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Thanks for that, once again more affirmation the CTX is still the top of the line in many scenarios.

It would be really good to see how the depth of the CTX & 11/17" compares to the Manticore & 15" . 

The CTX 17 destroys the Equinox 800 15 in my soils.

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

The CTX 17 destroys the Equinox 800 15 in my soils.

Same for me and I've known it since I got my 800 but the CTX/17 is just a little more work getting out of the car at the beach with my harness so it doesn't get put in the car often over the last few years.

On 9/13/2023 at 11:32 PM, TTT2866 said:

In terms of weight: 

11" manticore coil: approx 530 grams. ( I have a heavy duty skidplate though - not stock, this might add a little bit)

11" Eqx : 512 grams.

15x12 Eqx: 592 grams

15x12 Manticore: 407 gram with the shelf packaging. Probably 400 grams without packaging. 

So the 15" is probably LIGHTER than the 11? I don't know how beefy your skid is on the 11", so I'm not sure. What would you say? Thanks for your response....